Why did BBC Look North

newcastle has the highest percentage of public sector jobs in the country so obviously job losses wont affect them much.

Did they mention about the escalator in the station being out of order for 10 month and counting !

Last edited:
I remember Newcastle getting relegated and them sending Dawn Thewlis to Discount Tracksuit Thunderdome to do a report.
It went...
"I'm here outside St James Park where the mood is of devastation for the region, Newcastle United have been relegated, back to the studio..."
and that was it! When it was us the went on about it for the whole week.

Last time I was at Radio Newcastle I asked why Sunderland gets cropped off their logo and Newcastle is in the middle.
I got some half baked excuse about it representing the whole region.
Logon or register to see this image

Good news for the reejun = let's go to Newcastle.

Bad news for the reejun = let's make Sunderland look like a shit hole

they’ve been towing the “region” phrase for years...........it goes along the lines, we want investment and it will be good for the region. Translation : the investment will be focussed around Newcastle and not the broader region

The Covid19 report suggested Sunderland would be hard hit because automotive manufacturing can’t be “working from home”. Ok what about all the theatres, art galleries, music venues, pubs....not to mention the new normal of Office workers working from home diminishing the need for physical offices?
It’s often subtle stuff from look North-Korea but there’s bias

Back