Whose the best cricketer ever across 3 formats?

In all seriousness, I'd probably go for KP. Innovative and incredibly destructive in 50 over cricket, absolutely devastating in T20, and was capable of playing some absolutely world class Test innings - could play a long, painstaking innings when needed, but could also turn a game around in the blink of an eye, and could take the game away from the opposition in less than a session.

A Grade A wanker and by the end it was clear he couldn't give a fuck, but when he was absolutely on it he was the top of the class for me. Would've walked into any side in any form of the game

:lol: you never fail to amaze me.
:lol:

That will be why he was most expensive IPL draft two years running ya daft shite.

Don't forget he's effectively two players in each format.

was unreal in that IPL

to be fair to a lot of these guys, apart from the IPL they dnt play T20 crickets bar the world cup

T20 series round the world are always added on at the end, and they get rested

Stokes didn't even play at the one in durham, disgrace that mind

so a lot of the top players have average T20 international records as they never play

Last edited:
Just hasn't one yet

Like I said yesterday I am aware of is record in T20, but the innings he has played in other formats show he has the big shots to play in T20 and despite his overall record and after watching them two innings last summer, all be it in other formats, the England Team imo, would be crazy to even consider not playing him.

The very fact some on this thread actually think he is the best player in the world taking all formats into account, tells its own story.

Stokes is a classic case that you cant just look purely at stats to select a team

Last edited:
I'll log off
Look at your results man
Quite a few pinching money at The Rey
To me it’s not even close.

It has to be Kohli, he is simply superb and taking all formats into account it has to be him surely

Stokes is brilliant can’t believe there was a debate yesterday about him been in our T20 side!

He is match winner simple as that!
Yep I agree with all of that
God and Stokes the ultimate all rounder

Depends what you want from the greatest ever. In terms of sheer numbers, kohli and smith are miles ahead. But in terms of making an impact, stokes really is the pinnacle. Always manages to get himself involved, even if it’s just in the field you can guarantee he’ll do something special when needed. Bowls incredibly When absolutely needed - that spell in the ashes of what, 13 overs straight was it? Simply incredible. World Cup final, headingley, no player has been involved in so many critical moments of games I’d guess. Very similar to botham in that respect, his mentality is top class. Will never be the best in terms of averages, hundreds or any other statistic but he’ll win more games for his team than anyone

Depends what you want from the greatest ever. In terms of sheer numbers, kohli and smith are miles ahead. But in terms of making an impact, stokes really is the pinnacle. Always manages to get himself involved, even if it’s just in the field you can guarantee he’ll do something special when needed. Bowls incredibly When absolutely needed - that spell in the ashes of what, 13 overs straight was it? Simply incredible. World Cup final, headingley, no player has been involved in so many critical moments of games I’d guess. Very similar to botham in that respect, his mentality is top class. Will never be the best in terms of averages, hundreds or any other statistic but he’ll win more games for his team than anyone

Yeah and you can’t put a price on that type of mentality, players like him in your side are gold dust and get you over the line in the big games.

T20 doesn't count anyway when you assess a world class cricketer IMO.

That what’s makes a brilliant cricketer to me someone who has the capability to switch for example between T20 and test cricket, and adapt accordingly to that format, it is truly a skill and talent to succeed at all formats.

True. But there are exceptions

Cook was a brilliant cricketer.
Eoin Morgan is also a brilliant cricketer

Well yeah of course, people like Cook and Dravid were not T20 cricketers and will rightly go down as true greats, especially as test cricket the toughest format.

However just my personal opinion, you need more natural talent to succeed at all formats, and for someone to score a 100 in a T20 one week, then a slow 100 the next in test cricket, shows massive talent and adaptably.

Players who can do that will always be my personal favourites, as I actually think that is what cricket is about, adapting your game to the game situation and conditions and playing accordingly, in what ever format.

Even in test cricket that’s what it is about for me and the players I greatly admire is the ones who can do that.

It’s why Stokes innings at Leeds was soo good he adapted to the game situation

Last edited:

Back