Who is ‘no fans’ affecting most?

Few mates are pools fans n reckon the lack of loonies abusing young players is helping them massively.

Guess you hear it a lot more in a 4-5000 gate rather than a packed prem crowd where its just ‘noise’.
They reckon theyre supports shocking for this, seen it a bit like.
Nowt worse than some tubby charver in a baseball cap telling a 17 year old how shite he is.

@GordonMuchallNo1Fan views?

Good point.

Had this conversation with my Dad the other day and we both said it's evident the "behind closed doors" is having a positive impact on the Pools players. You know yourself, when someone starts hurling whatever at a player/official at Pools, the players can hear it, there is no escape area at that ground as the fans are so close to the pitch.

That said I think Pools have one of the best young managers around at the moment, and he is having a huge impact on things.

Good point.

Had this conversation with my Dad the other day and we both said it's evident the "behind closed doors" is having a positive impact on the Pools players. You know yourself, when someone starts hurling whatever at a player/official at Pools, the players can hear it, there is no escape area at that ground as the fans are so close to the pitch.

That said I think Pools have one of the best young managers around at the moment, and he is having a huge impact on things.

May be my bias but seem to have a lot of fans kind of playing to the gallows ie been hurling abuse for decades so have a reputation to upkeep.

Probably similar morons at the sol/everywhere but easier drowned out.

Racism seems canny prominent at pools still imo like. Would you agree?

Interesting to think about how it might have affected us.

30,000+ behind the team can make a massive difference, especially against teams who don't see that many fans in 10 games. We can really intimidate the opposition. But patience of our crowd has been pushed to the limit in the last decade. A few misplaced passes and the crowd turns, or even just falling silent can have a negative effect on the team. Playing well, the crowd is brilliant.

What was curious though, until our recent run, even with no fans our home form was worse than our away form. There was always the feeling it was the fear of the home crowd, but that excuse went with the crowds.

Interesting to think about how it might have affected us.

30,000+ behind the team can make a massive difference, especially against teams who don't see that many fans in 10 games. We can really intimidate the opposition. But patience of our crowd has been pushed to the limit in the last decade. A few misplaced passes and the crowd turns, or even just falling silent can have a negative effect on the team. Playing well, the crowd is brilliant.

What was curious though, until our recent run, even with no fans our home form was worse than our away form. There was always the feeling it was the fear of the home crowd, but that excuse went with the crowds.

Agree. Some of the worst safc performances in my like have came infront of a decent atmosphere, numerous in l1, losing to hull twice immediately after derby wins, everton fa cup game etc.

May be my bias but seem to have a lot of fans kind of playing to the gallows ie been hurling abuse for decades so have a reputation to upkeep.

Probably similar morons at the sol/everywhere but easier drowned out.

Racism seems canny prominent at pools still imo like. Would you agree?

Sunderland and Pools, I have seen players/managers/officials receive the dogs abuse. Likewise I've heard it when at away games all around the country and when I've been a neutral fan sat in the home end.

At Pools, you notice it more because it's easily heard for example the opposition keeper at Pools would always get stick from The Town End behind the goal, whereas an opposition keeper at Sunderland is a bit further away if that makes sense? I can easily hear someone at Pools in the stand behind the goal shout "keeper you fuckin wanker" or "get a move on keeper you wanker", and the keeper hears it and even sometimes they turn round and just laugh it off & other teams some don't take too kindly to it and give some back. In the bigger grounds, it's harder to pick up on.

As for the racism the Dover incident was 2 fans and it was an absolute disgrace & hopefully nothing like that happens again. A year yesterday since I was at a football match and that was Ebbsfleet which endured incidents of alleged racism (one fan was banned for 3 years for getting on the pitch to confront an Ebbslfeet player at full time who was cupping his lugs and hurling abuse at the home fans in a very aggressive manner) which after investigation were unfounded. However I have to add whilst abuse etc is not acceptable, players also have to behave themselves and when they're goading supporters, cupping their ears and shouting at fans, it's little wonder things get said........ again I am not saying it's acceptable because it isn't and should be dealt with.

Pools have some absolute knackers mind following them, but so does every club, I just see it more as I watch Pools every week, same with Sunderland when i was home and away every week, I could point out the usual suspects who would constantly be drunk/hurling abuse all the time mostly at away games, you just get to know their faces.

Agree. Some of the worst safc performances in my like have came infront of a decent atmosphere, numerous in l1, losing to hull twice immediately after derby wins, everton fa cup game etc.
For me (mostly watching remotely and not attending regularly, so bear in mind the context), it seems most games start positive, but a few failed moves or lack of attacking intent and the ground lets out a collective groan. Everyone feels "oh no, not this shit again"...

Fair enough mate. Guess pools level is a bit different as you can practically hear owt bellowed from all 4 sides regardless of which end youre in.

They also have many decent fans including most of me sons teammates n their dads.
For me (mostly watching remotely and not attending regularly, so bear in mind the context), it seems most games start positive, but a few failed moves or lack of attacking intent and the ground lets out a collective groan. Everyone feels "oh no, not this shit again"...
Tbf we know shit when its en route!:lol:

Clearly Liverpool. It means more. Its even an official club slogan. A bit like nobody likes a goalscoring striker apart from Newcastle fans, nobody likes seeing their team win as much as Liverpools knowledgeable and hilarious supporters.
You forget to mention those East Coast Scousers from the bear pit that is Blunders Park .... equally mahoosive, and deluded as the genuine article.

Seeing both suffer greatly, brings me such pleasure.

You forget to mention those East Coast Scousers from the bear pit that is Blunders Park .... equally mahoosive, and deluded as the genuine article.

Seeing both suffer greatly, brings me such pleasure.

I'd assumed that went without saying mate. Not a great season for self-important 'Soap Opera' clubs. Liverpool an embarrassment, Newcastle look in big trouble, Codheads on the brink. My heart bleeds purple piss.

can't be liverpool, the camera panned round briefly to their main stand yesterday and their must have been 5000 people there, all spread out like.

noticed at a few games there are more and more people in the stands, celebs, ex managers and players etc.. its a disk race

can't be liverpool, the camera panned round briefly to their main stand yesterday and their must have been 5000 people there, all spread out like.

noticed at a few games there are more and more people in the stands, celebs, ex managers and players etc.. its a disk race
By ex manager do you mean fergie? Still on payroll iirc.

Wonder if players can smuggle their family in for wembley like. Shame if they couldnt imo.

Back