Whitby

houst69

Striker
Had a day out at Whitby yesterday with the wife kids and pup.

Great day out, kept getting stopped every 5 minutes because we had our labrador pup with us and people wanted to stroke him!

Anyway, cracking day out, plenty to do, great food, canny beach, class Ice Cream and good shops.

First time I have been in years like, any other recommendations for places to eat? We went in The Pier.

Magpie cafe but not dog friendly. Monks Haven Cafe is class if you have the dog. There's a class dog treat shop for the pooch aswell forgot the name of it

Last edited:
Is that in the indoor market bit?

Monks Haven is just down from the Abbey, Magpie cafe is just over the bridge from there bit further up than the Pier, the dog treat shop is just up from the bridge, think there's a Natwest on the corner just up from there

Great day out, kept getting stopped every 5 minutes because we had our labrador pup with us and people wanted to stroke him!

Anyway, cracking day out, plenty to do, great food, canny beach, class Ice Cream and good shops.

First time I have been in years like, any other recommendations for places to eat? We went in The Pier.
Same happened to me last year. He’s like a fanny magnet.

Seagulls did me head in like.

Any good?

Love Whitby me. We were there for day last weekend.

As for bait.

We tend to go to Mr chips just over the swing bridge follow road around.

We last week sat in Robertson’s just before Mr chips and very nice too.

Got to play crazy golf on the cliff top too.

I use to have a residency there playing gigs in a couple of pubs in the heart of Whitby best gigging days ever always packed with people having a great time

I use to have a residency there playing gigs in a couple of pubs in the heart of Whitby best gigging days ever always packed with people having a great time
It's a great little town, great community spirit. I used to load out of Boulby Potash so stayed over in Whitby once or twice a month, midweek, out of season and in had some great nights out.

Can anyone recommend a cottage to sleep 4 adults 2 kids and a pup?

Same here
I'd probably avoid the heart of Whitby in that case, there of plenty of brilliant places to stop on the outskirts. I used to do gigs in the Wellington and The George Hotel - as soon as my band fired up in the Hotel a guy jumped onto the stage in his dressing gown and told us to shut up and even physically grabbed the guitars to stop them making a sound, he eventually went back to bed.

Last edited:

Back