Whisky

Link?

Did you every try KK HP batch 4? If so what's your thoughts?
I thought the HP batch 4 was excellent.

Interestingly I avoided the last batch of the KK 8 CS being a 100% sherry cask which I’m not a big fan of and hearing some bad reviews of the sulphur. When I was in Campbeltown last week I bought a couple of bottles in Cadenheads, primarily for my son in law who is a big sherry fan and found it a very nice dram, I didn’t get the sulphur at all?

Went a bit mad in Campbeltown (13 bottles) so, aside from the Caol Ila, I’ve passed on the latest Whiskybroker releases fearing the divorce courts :lol:

I thought the HP batch 4 was excellent.

Interestingly I avoided the last batch of the KK 8 CS being a 100% sherry cask which I’m not a big fan of and hearing some bad reviews of the sulphur. When I was in Campbeltown last week I bought a couple of bottles in Cadenheads, primarily for my son in law who is a big sherry fan and found it a very nice dram, I didn’t get the sulphur at all?

Went a bit mad in Campbeltown (13 bottles) so, aside from the Caol Ila, I’ve passed on the latest Whiskybroker releases fearing the divorce courts :lol:
Got a bottle and no sulphur for me as well

That’s the rumour, I’ve not heard one way or the other. There was a 100% bourbon 18yo a couple of years ago that was excellent. It seems they’ve had some packaging issues - introducing tubes when most distilleries are getting rid of them.
I always end up in a mini-huff when I invariably miss the Springbank release, swearing to never waste my time chasing them again.

Yet here I am, wondering how to get my hands on something this time?

I always end up in a mini-huff when I invariably miss the Springbank release, swearing to never waste my time chasing them again.

Yet here I am, wondering how to get my hands on something this time?

Some places don’t put them on their websites but you can find a bottle with a phone call. Their stock usually lasts longer. A few to try are Byrnes in Clitheroe, The Whisky Barn, Todmorden and Roberts & Speight in Beverley.

Some places don’t put them on their websites but you can find a bottle with a phone call. Their stock usually lasts longer. A few to try are Byrnes in Clitheroe, The Whisky Barn, Todmorden and Roberts & Speight in Beverley.
Now there's a blast from the past !
My wife is from Whalley/Great Harwood and in our courting years spent quite a bit of time in Clitheroe. Remember going to a party and wanting something decent wine wise and going in there.Even then thought what a place.
Sure it must be the same place, that was probably mid 1990's mind.

Now there's a blast from the past !
My wife is from Whalley/Great Harwood and in our courting years spent quite a bit of time in Clitheroe. Remember going to a party and wanting something decent wine wise and going in there.Even then thought what a place.
Sure it must be the same place, that was probably mid 1990's mind.
It is the same place and a great shout to get your hands on some non mainstream wine. I didn’t know that they did whisky though.

It is the same place and a great shout to get your hands on some non mainstream wine. I didn’t know that they did whisky though.
There’s none on their website but they have a large warehouse you can wander around which has a lot of whisky. Picked up some great bargains there, both wine and whisky, over the past few years. The whisky in the corner represents about 2/3 of what’s there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure to be honest. I usually place an order then go and collect in a day or two. Hard to imagine they wouldn't, though.
Just mentioned it to the missus..."is it still there?" was her reply ;)
As she pointed out we used to browse in there a lot, but fortunately/unfortunately wasn't into whisky in those days.
While mooching just noticed Whalley has an "award winning" wine shop there and looks pretty decent, though not for Malts by the look of it.
Certainly not there when we used to go for night outs.

Last edited:
Robert & Speight have most of the Springbanks available via phone at the moment (pre-order). Quite a few have already been allocated so not sure how many they have left. The North Stars are up on Abbey too, managed to get the Blair Athol mezcal cask I missed on Aberdeen Whisky.

Last edited:

Back