Whisky

Cheers. Do Cadenheads still get Springer in the cage or is it all in Springbanks?
When I was there at the end of June there was only one bottle in the Cadenheads cage which was the bottle given to staff at Christmas. I think that it was a Springbank bottle but I'm not 100% as it was a Christmas themed label and not totally obvious. Springbanks cage had various bottles of Hazelburn over the course of the week.
Just picked up a bottle of Aber Falls Autumn 2021 release out of interest. Their first release sold out quickly and you surely can't go wrong at £26.

Last edited:

Cheers. Do Cadenheads still get Springer in the cage or is it all in Springbanks?

Springbank bottles only in the distillery shop cage, Cadenheads bottle in that shop cage. Don’t ignore the demijohns in the distillery shop, they’ve been very good for the past several months. Cheaper than the cage too.
Update from Martin at Whiskybroker.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Springbank bottles only in the distillery shop cage, Cadenheads bottle in that shop cage. Don’t ignore the demijohns in the distillery shop, they’ve been very good for the past several months. Cheaper than the cage too.
Update from Martin at Whiskybroker.
Logon or register to see this image
Bagged a couple of bottles of the Selfridges Bimber for £78 including fees on grand whisky auctions last night, probably a dozen or so bottles on which went for similar price, a nice kick in the balls for the flippers and probably proof it was overpriced.
Minus the bottle of sherry though.

Last edited:
Bagged a couple of bottles of the Selfridges Bimber for £78 including fees on grand whisky auctions last night, probably a dozen or so bottles on which went for similar price, a nice kick in the balls for the flippers and probably proof it was overpriced.
Minus the bottle of sherry though.
Nice one. The whisky is decent and avoiding that bloody awful sherry is a bonus.

The North Star will be hitting shops in next day or so 👍
You wait for a bus and all that bollox...and Springbank/KK stuff but can never get hold of that

Just noticed the Deanston is 12. The website bottle picture is actually the Dalmore 8 (although strangely they're both listed as 12 yo). Confused?

Back