Whisky

Think I'll give the Arran a whirl never had a bad one even the Nas stuff is great , never tried a Blair Athol think there is something in me put off by the fact it's used in Bell's I know I shouldn't be just a subliminal thing.
I got a Berry Bros Blair Athol 11yo single cask bottling at 55% from Amazon for £40 odds a while back. I've only had one nip out it, might go back to it and check it out again this weekend.

I'm with you on Arran, I had the Sherry Cask NAS and enjoyed it. I've got a 10yo on the go, and an unopened 21yo bottled for Green Welly/Tyndrum.

I got a Berry Bros Blair Athol 11yo single cask bottling at 55% from Amazon for £40 odds a while back. I've only had one nip out it, might go back to it and check it out again this weekend.

I'm with you on Arran, I had the Sherry Cask NAS and enjoyed it. I've got a 10yo on the go, and an unopened 21yo bottled for Green Welly/Tyndrum.
Nearly bought a bottle of the Green Welly 21 , got a bottle of the core range 21 on the go and it's a belter will definitely be buying another

Opened the evening with a 26yo Littlemill Port-Pipe. Can’t say I’m a fan, Lowland whiskies are too subtle for that kind of heavy cask influence. Now on last summers Daftmill release which is far superior. Going to open a triple distilled Kilkerran next and call it a night on a Bowmore. Slainte folks.
i can’t speak for the quality as I’ve not tried any of them, but there are some very well priced malts at
Dream Drams.

There’s an automated discount code that basically covers the postage too. I went for the Aberlour 26yo.

I hate the way a new post appends to the foot of a previous post if you are the most recent poster on a thread.
That was a bit of a strange one. Ordered Aberlour 26yo Monday evening, no acknowledgement email, nothing, then van at the door to deliver it Wed lunchtime. I've heard of silent distilleries before, half expected the driver to be dressed like Marcel Marceau.

That was a bit of a strange one. Ordered Aberlour 26yo Monday evening, no acknowledgement email, nothing, then van at the door to deliver it Wed lunchtime. I've heard of silent distilleries before, half expected the driver to be dressed like Marcel Marceau.

quick that, given current situation

quick that, given current situation
Aye, well pleased with how quick it was. Looks canny too. Trouble is, I seem to be stockpiling a bit much recently. Reluctant to keep opening stuff until I've polished off a bit more in some of the stuff that's already open.

Aye, well pleased with how quick it was. Looks canny too. Trouble is, I seem to be stockpiling a bit much recently. Reluctant to keep opening stuff until I've polished off a bit more in some of the stuff that's already open.
I have a system going now for the same problem, I have a unit for my unopened bottles and a separate shelf for my open bottles which holds about 20 , I only buy a new bottle now when I open from my unopened unit which means I have to finish an opened bottle to make space on my opened shelf ! 😂 It sort of keeps me in check a bit

GlenDronach 15yo free delivery from Loch Fyne at £43, absolute steal:

GlenDronach 15yo free delivery from Loch Fyne at £43, absolute steal:

OOS ☹️ bargain at that price finished a bottle not long ago not as good as the original but still a great dram, would have had a couple at that price

OOS ☹ bargain at that price finished a bottle not long ago not as good as the original but still a great dram, would have had a couple at that price

just about to click on it....absolute steal
while I’ve bought a fair bit lately I would have had one or two at that price.

just as well really

Back