Whisky

Right, that's me decided.

Tonight I'm going all in Glengoyne:

10, 12, 14 (Marks & Spencers), 18 and 21. I'll report back tomorrow.

sounds a plan...did see their M and S special but put off by 40% ( if I recall)

not sure what I fancy tonight, got an early bike ride planned ( not that it stops me) but even a bit work to do tomorrow afternoon.

sounds a plan...did see their M and S special but put off by 40% ( if I recall)

not sure what I fancy tonight, got an early bike ride planned ( not that it stops me) but even a bit work to do tomorrow afternoon.
Aye, I got a bottle with 20% off, I'm sure I paid £28 for it.

Amazing to think Campbeltown have only three distilleries now ....but even the “lesser rated” is still really good.
Must give their Victoriana a go at some point ( had a sample but not full bottle)
That was my only previous Glen Scotia before this and the wife has a bottle of 25yr old put away for my 25 anniversary prezzie in September looking forward to cracking that one open

Well earlier I got stuck into a Mortlach 25 sample @shakerman very kindly sent me, and it was so delicious it convinced me to open up the Mortlach 15 I had which is also really, really nice.

Feel as if I'm gonna lash out a bit more as the night goes on and open up a few more I've been saving...

Well earlier I got stuck into a Mortlach 25 sample @shakerman very kindly sent me, and it was so delicious it convinced me to open up the Mortlach 15 I had which is also really, really nice.

Feel as if I'm gonna lash out a bit more as the night goes on and open up a few more I've been saving...
I'm the same. The Glengoyne 18 and 21 that I'm sampling tonight haven't been opened yet.

That was my only previous Glen Scotia before this and the wife has a bottle of 25yr old put away for my 25 anniversary prezzie in September looking forward to cracking that one open

So am I.
I'm the same. The Glengoyne 18 and 21 that I'm sampling tonight haven't been opened yet.

I've got the 10 & 12. Not opened the 10 yet but I love the 12, it's got a sherbet taste going on??

Last edited:
Opened the evening with a 26yo Littlemill Port-Pipe. Can’t say I’m a fan, Lowland whiskies are too subtle for that kind of heavy cask influence. Now on last summers Daftmill release which is far superior. Going to open a triple distilled Kilkerran next and call it a night on a Bowmore. Slainte folks.
i can’t speak for the quality as I’ve not tried any of them, but there are some very well priced malts at
Dream Drams.

There’s an automated discount code that basically covers the postage too. I went for the Aberlour 26yo.
Opened the evening with a 26yo Littlemill Port-Pipe. Can’t say I’m a fan, Lowland whiskies are too subtle for that kind of heavy cask influence. Now on last summers Daftmill release which is far superior. Going to open a triple distilled Kilkerran next and call it a night on a Bowmore. Slainte folks.
i can’t speak for the quality as I’ve not tried any of them, but there are some very well priced malts at
Dream Drams.

There’s an automated discount code that basically covers the postage too. I went for the Aberlour 26yo.

I hate the way a new post appends to the foot of a previous post if you are the most recent poster on a thread.

Last edited:
Dream Drams.

I hate the way a new post appends to the foot of a previous post if you are the most recent poster on a thread.

I've taken a punt on the Aberlour, cheers for the heads up.

Dream Drams.

Cracking price for a 26 yo that like! Took delivery of 11 ( :oops: ) bottles today though so not buying nowt else for a while

I’m still awaiting orders from Passion for Whisky and the Kilkerran heavily peated ( Tynedrum confirms all Kilkerran orders on hold)

Whiskybroker are releasing 2 Blair Athols and an Arran tomorrow. All 10yo.

been keeping an eye on their stuff for anything new coming up...Birthday in a few weeks and had been planning to ask for Islay distillery vouchers for spending on malts.

might divert these “funds” to something like this or from Dream Drams, both v good value by looks of it

Without going full-scale Mario Balotelli, Why Always Me? I've just bought the Dream drams Aberlour yesterday, now this comes up today.

I'm fancying the Arran to be honest. I've got 3 bottles 'put by' with them already, might sneak this one in for a later delivery.

Think I'll give the Arran a whirl never had a bad one even the Nas stuff is great , never tried a Blair Athol think there is something in me put off by the fact it's used in Bell's I know I shouldn't be just a subliminal thing.

Back