Whisky

Got a Longrow 20 in the Springbank Society ballot but at £200 it’s at the limit of what I’m willing to pay for a bottle of that age. The days of Springbank being good value are rapidly coming to an end.
I thought that when they released the 23yo Longrow's recently. £275 is more than I was willing to pay for one

Same here. I also noticed that the Whiskybroker Ben Nevis sherry octave has appeared on Whiskybase but never spotted it for sale. Only 40 odd bottles of that Ben Nevis but unusual for no-one on here to notice it.
Can't remember where, but I remember reading that Whiskybroker sold the full 40-odd bottles to one retail buyer. I'd been keen to try that one.

Yep an old 8yr old blended malt for that price is silly
we always try to take something different along
If the traffic at Perth is kind I'll go and see what other delights they have, then decide.

I was in the Talisker distillery on Skye the other day and an Australian bloke was asking if they did a 44 year old whisky, the 43 year old was £3500 :eek:

Sad to see the end of this one. Splendid dram despite the low abv. Would love to try some of the other early 70s Glenglassaughs. Alas, they’re well beyond my reach in terms of price these days.
Logon or register to see this image

Funnily enough a few weeks ago I was doing the NC500 and pulled into that distillery and unfortunately the distillery shop is now seemingly permanently closed.

Would deffo have liked a go at that bottle mind.

Funnily enough a few weeks ago I was doing the NC500 and pulled into that distillery and unfortunately the distillery shop is now seemingly permanently closed.

Would deffo have liked a go at that bottle mind.
Shame. Owned by Benriach who have a very decent distillery tour. I’ve not had a lot from Glenglassaugh except the occasional hand fill. I guess those won’t be available going forward if it’s not open to visitors.

Sad to see the end of this one. Splendid dram despite the low abv. Would love to try some of the other early 70s Glenglassaughs. Alas, they’re well beyond my reach in terms of price these days.
Logon or register to see this image
Interesting that it was a rum barrrel. I bought a (new distillery) Glenglassaugh that was a Loch Fyne exclusive last year that was also a rum barrel which was very nice albeit quite young.

SMWS have just cocked up my latest order. I ordered a 13yo Highland Park bourbon cask which was about £60 and they have mistakenly sent me the next Highland Park in the numerical sequence which is a 20 year old Oloroso cask finished for a couple of years in PX that is exclusive to the Swiss market at €230. Decisions, Decisions :lol:

Back