Whisky

Very poor the last few years, just had a quick look and nothing worth getting. Maybe Talisker 10 or Clynelish which are at decent prices.
Agreed, I've given up on their Prime Deals.

Talisker and Clynelish are both decent shouts, even though Amazon sell them at the discounted price quite a few times throughout the year.

I've got a bottle of both on the shelf and this was roughly the price I paid a month or so ago.

Clynelish has been at £33ish on there for as long as I can think back.

Agreed, I've given up on their Prime Deals.

Talisker and Clynelish are both decent shouts, even though Amazon sell them at the discounted price quite a few times throughout the year.

I've got a bottle of both on the shelf and this was roughly the price I paid a month or so ago.

Yep, both available often at these prices, maybe Talisker 10 ever so slightly cheaper, not enough that I'd be thinking it's a great bargain though.
Compass Box Orchard House £32 a good price

Last edited:
Clynelish 14yo is consistently good. Definitely worth the offer price.
Wish I'd noticed that earlier!
The Green Spot is decent value too. Not often you get midleton whiskies with an aged profile (of sorts) under £30.
I think I may have as I got a bottle of that Octave when it reappeared online having appeared sold out as I was gutted to lose a bottle as my phone couldn't cope with ordering from abroad and I had to switch to a tablet.
There's another Craigellachie gone up, 9yo Oloroso octave

Last edited:
Yep, both available often at these prices, maybe Talisker 10 ever so slightly cheaper, not enough that I'd be thinking it's a great bargain though.
Compass Box Orchard House £32 a good price
I picked up another Orchard House but little else to tempt me. The Classic Laddie isn’t a bad deal at less than £35 on subscribe and save.

Been fairly quiet on my buying this year and clearing some of the stash. Bought 6 from the last whiskybroker releases but passed on the current batch. Just taken delivery of the Ardnamurchan Cask Strength 02.22, Torabhaig Allt Gleann and the 12yo peated Lum Reek.

Reserved the Benrinnes Manzanilla from the Cadenheads batch.

Last edited:
I picked up another Orchard House but little else to tempt me. The Classic Laddie isn’t a bad deal at less than £35 on subscribe and save.

Been fairly quiet on my buying this year and clearing some of the stash. Bought 6 from the last whiskybroker releases but passed on the current batch. Just taken delivery of the Ardnamurchan Cask Strength 02.22, Torabhaig Allt Gleann and the 12yo peated Lum Reek.

Aye bought Orchard House, nothing much tempts.
Bought the 12 Lum Reek when at distillery ( enjoyed it )

I've had a few single malts in my time none of which I could tell you what it was.

I get nothing but the taste of alcohol and the throat burn.

Weird thing to want to get into but I always have, yet still to find one that tastes 'nice' without looking like I've chewed a wasp afterwards

I've had a few single malts in my time none of which I could tell you what it was.

I get nothing but the taste of alcohol and the throat burn.

Weird thing to want to get into but I always have, yet still to find one that tastes 'nice' without looking like I've chewed a wasp afterwards
Can you remember what you had ( and didn’t like)
There will be a dram out there for you I’m sure

Blimey. Passing on the Whiskybroker releases takes some discipline.

In some whiskies the alcohol is poorly integrated which can be a cause of the burning sensation. On your first sip, try swilling it all around your mouth. You’ll still get the burning sensation on that first sip but not on subsequent sips. Also tinker with adding water, it can take the edge off the alcohol.

Can you remember what you had ( and didn’t like)
There will be a dram out there for you I’m sure
I know I've definitely had some Laphroaig, Haigh Club, Johnnie Walker and Old Pulteney, along with Old Pulteney Whisky Liqueur (and some shite like Bells) some of the others I'm unsure of. I know you dont really get it (sweet whisky...although I could be wrong) but the Liqueur was my favourite because it was sweeter (I know technically not a whisky in the traditional sense.

I know I've definitely had some Laphroaig, Haigh Club, Johnnie Walker and Old Pulteney, along with Old Pulteney Whisky Liqueur (and some shite like Bells) some of the others I'm unsure of. I know you dont really get it (sweet whisky...although I could be wrong) but the Liqueur was my favourite because it was sweeter (I know technically not a whisky in the traditional sense.
Stroma? T'is a nice drop. If that's to your taste then I'd recommend Benromach 10 to get you started, it has plenty of that sweetness, however it's a touch more "grown up" than a liqueur and is a great gateway malt IMHO.

Last edited:
There are loads of “sweeter “ malts out there.
Sherry casks obviously spring to mind but bourbon casks will also give you lots of vanilla etc ( obviously very general here)

None of the above I’d start with, or even drink now.

Bunnahabhain 12
and no doubt loads of others will be suggested by others

Last edited:
Stroma? T'is a nice drop. If that's to your taste then I'd recommend Benromach 10 to get you started, it has plenty of that sweetness, however it's a touch more "grown up" than a liqueur and is a great gateway malt IMHO.
Stoma is the one. Beauty it was. Not had it in years though.

I'll definitely try the Benromach 10 for starters.
There are loads of “sweeter “ malts out there.
Sherry casks obviously spring to mind but bourbon casks will also give you lots of vanilla etc ( obviously very general here)

None of the above I’d start with, or even drink now.

Bunnahabhain 12
and no doubt loads of others will be suggested by others
Great suggestions! I was partial to a Sailor Jerry's (rum I know) but beautiful vanilla flavours, so I'll look into some bourbon casks and have a look at the Bunnahabhain 12 (if I remember how to spell it.

Cheers lads!

Stoma is the one. Beauty it was. Not had it in years though.

I'll definitely try the Benromach 10 for starters.

Great suggestions! I was partial to a Sailor Jerry's (rum I know) but beautiful vanilla flavours, so I'll look into some bourbon casks and have a look at the Bunnahabhain 12 (if I remember how to spell it.

Cheers lads!

Arran 10 and Glencadam 10 two more at ok price

Back