Whisky

Logon or register to see this image

Any info on this lot of impending releases @shakerman ?

Peated pinot noir has been to my taste in the past as has anything port matured, wouldn't mind getting my hands on all of these tbf
f***ing hell. You don’t want much.
Lol, daft rule where your posts merge which restricts the amount of images you can post. Just stumbled upon this lot, must be due for release soon

Any info on this lot of impending releases @shakerman ?

Peated pinot noir has been to my taste in the past as has anything port matured, wouldn't mind getting my hands on all of these tbf

Lol, daft rule where your posts merge which restricts the amount of images you can post. Just stumbled upon this lot, must be due for release soon
It looks to me from the labels that they may be bound for the USA?

Those particular labels are US bound aye but the releases won't be strictly for the US market, we'll get the 700ml equivalent here.

Absolute piss take like, that's a double less in every bottle you buy. Anyone know the reasoning behind it? (tax maybe?)
It was 26 2/3 oz bottles until around 1980, then 750ml thereafter. The EU implemented a law change around 1991/92 that meant high alcohol spirits had to be sold in 700ml bottles.

Release is in February but flexible due to logistics. I’d bet on it being late in the month, though.

Last edited:
It was 26 2/3 oz bottles until around 1980, then 750ml thereafter. The EU implemented a law change around 1991/92 that meant high alcohol spirits had to be sold in 700ml bottles.

Release is in February but flexible due to logistics. I’d bet on it being late in the month, though.
Maybe due to brexit we should demand our double measure back! Bloody crazy laws the EU implemented mind. What with that and straight bananas... 🤨

Will be looking to get my hands on each of these if possible, although I won't hold my breath, particularly with the local barley

Maybe due to brexit we should demand our double measure back! Bloody crazy laws the EU implemented mind. What with that and straight bananas... 🤨

Will be looking to get my hands on each of these if possible, although I won't hold my breath, particularly with the local barley
I'd be happy with either of the KK CS 8 yr olds...not greedy ;)

Tyndrum website is indicating the Springbank release will be late February/early March.

Just the slightest whiff of any whisky and I’m instantly transported back 25 years and to being sick Bells out of nostrils.

Whisky is spoiled for me for ever!
I was the same for years, trust me a nice malt can bring you back from the brink. It was Dalwhinnie what initially did it for me, followed up by Benromach. However I've since sampled loads which could have easily done the same thing.

Stay away from anything heavily peated initially would be my advice. You'd probably find if you were to get a taste for whisky you'd sample that kind of stuff at some point. Early on though it tends to prove too much for most.

I was the same for years, trust me a nice malt can bring you back from the brink. It was Dalwhinnie what initially did it for me, followed up by Benromach. However I've since sampled loads which could have easily done the same thing.

Stay away from anything heavily peated initially would be my advice. You'd probably find if you were to get a taste for whisky you'd sample that kind of stuff at some point. Early on though it tends to prove too much for most.

Buy my father in law single malts all of the time, mainly as he’s tight and won’t buy them himself.

Some of the Japanese ones I’ve seen look very light coloured and often wonder what they would be like. Ever tried them?

Buy my father in law single malts all of the time, mainly as he’s tight and won’t buy them himself.

Some of the Japanese ones I’ve seen look very light coloured and often wonder what they would be like. Ever tried them?
I've only ever tried one Japanese and it was a blend that I wasn't overly impressed with.

@shakerman the boy when it comes to Japanese (and almost everything else tbf :lol:)
Looks like the Campbeltown Loch blend is returning too, albeit with some changes. Blended malt consisting of Springbank, Hazelburn, Longrow and Glen Scotia. Supposedly very competitively priced.
Nee Kilkerran?

I've only ever tried one Japanese and it was a blend that I wasn't overly impressed with.

@shakerman the boy when it comes to Japanese (and almost everything else tbf :lol:)

Nee Kilkerran?
Nope. In it’s former guise it often contained malts from outside of Campbeltown alongside Springbank, Longrow or both. Looks like the new version is going to be Campbeltown only but the first release doesn’t include Kilkerran.

The colour doesn’t mean much. If the colour isn’t added artificially (via E150a) the the colour of a whisky is derived from the cask(s) it’s aged in. That can differ wildly depending on numerous factors, wood type, cask type (I.e. sherry, port, bourbon, oak etc), size (bloodtub to butt), whether it’s first fill or refill, the level of char on the cask and how wet the cask is.

Last edited:

Back