Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

Lovely walk round the outskirts of Richmond at the weekend with a few friends and the dogs. Nothing too strenuous (I’d done Hamsterley park run in the morning) but a cracking place for a stroll. Always helps when you know you’re slowly getting closer to the pub.

I've got a week on Lundy in august anarl

Going to the Alps in June too.

I'm beginning to get the hang of this retirement malarky
I'll be staying in a climbing hut with nee electricity in The Lakes this weekend. Weather is looking like being a bit shit.
Might be spending a bit of time in the pub

Last edited:
This years loose plans are Kentmere Horseshoe, Mosedale Horseshoe and any hills I can squeeze in on afternoon jaunts to the Lakes. Scotland - would love to go up torridon, more than likely do the Corbetts and Munro in Assynt. Further afield, possibly next year, Gran Paradiso, Mont Blanc, Spaghetti trail .

What are the best/safest walks in the lakes with a dog
It probably depends on the breed, age and ability of the dog. A lot of the paths are good and we’ll maintained but my Labrador who’s 11 couldn’t do more than 1.5 hours. The springer however has been up old man of consiston, wansfell pike latrigg and catbells amongst a few.

I use the walk lakes site as a guide to terrain as each way can differ. Catbells was a good one to do with the dog but I would probably do it in reverse of this route on the link below. Only because there’s a bit near the summit with some scrambling. If you’ve got the dog on a lead in can be awkward. I should’ve just let her off on that section in hindsight. The other way up is steps and path all the way.

It probably depends on the breed, age and ability of the dog. A lot of the paths are good and we’ll maintained but my Labrador who’s 11 couldn’t do more than 1.5 hours. The springer however has been up old man of consiston, wansfell pike latrigg and catbells amongst a few.

I use the walk lakes site as a guide to terrain as each way can differ. Catbells was a good one to do with the dog but I would probably do it in reverse of this route on the link below. Only because there’s a bit near the summit with some scrambling. If you’ve got the dog on a lead in can be awkward. I should’ve just let her off on that section in hindsight. The other way up is steps and path all the way.

Cheers for that, 5 year old German Shepherd.

That's sensible doing Catbells from other side ,aye its a bit off a Scramble at the top

Back