Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

Did a loop around Sycamore gap today. First time I've ever been as I always thought it would be too busy. Quite impressive.
Even spotted a stereotypical mag in mag tee shirt with his two kids in mag tops and the fat wanker was dragging a poor bulldog up there in 20 odd degrees heat. His fat missus had a bottle of coke n that was it, the poor dog was fucked.
Anyway I digress, you could see why it inspired the North Wall and the night watch in Game of thrones.

*edit. Gap not Pass.

Did a loop around Sycamore gap today. First time I've ever been as I always thought it would be too busy. Quite impressive.
Even spotted a stereotypical mag in mag tee shirt with his two kids in mag tops and the fat wanker was dragging a poor bulldog up there in 20 odd degrees heat. His fat missus had a bottle of coke n that was it, the poor dog was fucked.
Anyway I digress, you could see why it inspired the North Wall and the night watch in Game of thrones.

*edit. Gap not Pass.
The brain dead shit you expect from them morons, bet the poor thing struggled like feck man

The brain dead shit you expect from them morons, bet the poor thing struggled like feck man

The poor dog has probably never been on a proper walk in its life and he was dragging it (literally) up the side of a steep hill. My working dogs are fit, had a cooling swim half way around and I carry bottles of water and a bowl for them in my game bag.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the dog keeled other before he got back to his car

Staying here in a few weeks time.

Looks amazing. Doing a wild swim but gonna do a climb. Have a what will be a 18 week old active puppy with me who’s happy off the lead. Any climbs recomended where she can spend most time on the grass local?

Thinking about doing blencathra on Sunday, it’s Forcast for snow though. Am I being daft thinking it’s just a case of wrap up well and take an easy route up or what? Never done a hike in the snow before just the likes of Nevis where it was covered at the top.

I'd like to do Ben Nevis. Been to the base of it, but as Mini-K was wee there was no way I was carrying her up there!
When she's a bit older I'll see if she and Mrs K fancy it. Failing that, they can go for an explore while I and hopefully others trudge up it!

Thinking about doing blencathra on Sunday, it’s Forcast for snow though. Am I being daft thinking it’s just a case of wrap up well and take an easy route up or what? Never done a hike in the snow before just the likes of Nevis where it was covered at the top.

Not sure if anyone does daily winter updates on Blencathra like they do on Helvellyn.
Going up the long way up the eastern side and back down the west in a loop is about as easy as it gets. Think its scrambles that are a no go without ice axes and crampons at this time of year like maybe sharp edge and striding etc

Not sure if anyone does daily winter updates on Blencathra like they do on Helvellyn.
Going up the long way up the eastern side and back down the west in a loop is about as easy as it gets. Think its scrambles that are a no go without ice axes and crampons at this time of year like maybe sharp edge and striding etc
Cheers mate, think we are gonna go for old man of coniston instead, weather forcast seems to be less harsh.

At 40 Wainwright's, hope to have 100 done by the end of the year. Doing a few round Mell Fell next week, should hopefully be doing Ben Nevis in June.

I'd like to do Ben Nevis. Been to the base of it, but as Mini-K was wee there was no way I was carrying her up there!
When she's a bit older I'll see if she and Mrs K fancy it. Failing that, they can go for an explore while I and hopefully others trudge up it!
Steall falls in the foothills of it are class for an easier option

Blencathra isn't even a mountain man :lol:

You might as well do Roseberry Topping :lol:

I dragged the kids up Latrigg a few weeks ago, they hated every minute. :lol:
I’ll take the mrs and the dog up Skiddaw next I think.

Planning on heading up to the Cheviots for the first time next Monday for a run. Looking at a 15m loop. Anyone have any recommendations for where to park, and routes?

I reckon I should probably include the Cheviot if I'm doing it.

Back