Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Miami, Barbados, Vegas and San Francisco.

Miami (3 nights) - Loved it. Friend's partner ran a nightclub and we had the vip treatment. Mad place. It was like being in a rap video.

Barbados (10 nights) - Riding the local reggae buses all over and following the rum map around the island.

Vegas (4 nights) - Met up with friends and stayed at the Bellagio. Did the Grand Canyon in a chopper and hit the blackjack tables and shopping outlets.

San Francisco (3nights) - went out to Alcatraz and did the Golden Gate and the rest of the tourist spots on the hop on hop off buses.
Edit : Whoops. Just read the thread and realised I forgot about my first wedding. Got married in the Whitsunday Islands so spent a week there with my family then we went off on our own to Mexico and LA.

Last edited:
Callander in Scotland (The Trossachs) belive it or not 46 years ago today. Not all bad though been divorced 25 yrs.

We could only afford one night B AND B. It was shite.

We went to Callander for our honeymoon too. It was a National holiday bus tour as neither of us could drive back then.
Had a great time with all the old folks on the bus. We were younger than all of them by about 60 years :D

Negumbo in Sri Lanka
The Tamils bombed their world trade centre when we were there and then they had a gun fight at columbo airport a week or 2 after we got back with the army.
lovely place but I don’t think I’d go back after seeing what they have done to the Tamils while we were there and especially since we got back.

Curiously enough, we were due to go to Mombasa on Safari.
As it happened I was on the SMB (standard) and a thread popped up with "Terrorist attack in Mombasa" or something to that effect. FFS says me, so I phoned Thomson and said "I want to enquire about our Honeymoon and whether we'll still be able to go as there's been an attack".
"Has there?"
"Yes".
"Right, well we've not heard anything yet so I'll check with head office and I'll let you know"

Dimwits.

Phones back "Yes, it's been put on the no travel list".
"I know. I told you."

So we ended up having to change our honeymoon plans and thanks to the SMB I alerted a major tour operator before their own people did.
We went to New York and Barbados instead. That was class, although I'd have loved to do safari too.

I'm sure we'll get there eventually

Edinburgh for a few nights....we were only 23 and had just bought new house so that took priority over the honeymoon.

Wasn't even central Edinburgh because of the Fringe Festival being on at the time, so had to make do with the Hilton at the airport....Load of shite! :)

25 years next Aug, might gan back

Dominican Republic, about 17/18 year ago.
Never had the shits like it. Really felt bad for other passengers sharing the toilet on the long flight back.

Gambia. 1984
I was walking down the beach one day on my own and a copper came over and told me I needed to turn around cos if I went any further I would probably get robbed. I was only wearing swim shorts & carrying nowt so not sure what they were ganna rob like. Thought I'd better turn round anyway cos I liked them swim shorts.

Back