When will a vaccine be ready?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just hoping they can produce a miracle here and get there much earlier, we'll all be gone stir crazy by then
No chance of it being before 18 months from what I've read however we are probably already well into that by now. You could probably knock 4 months of the 18 months.

After a thorough search I cant find a thread about a CV19 vaccine so I've made a new one.

When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready?

“Like most vaccinologists, I don’t think this vaccine will be ready before 18 months,” says Annelies Wilder-Smith, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. That’s already extremely fast, and it assumes there will be no hitches.

'taking a vaccine candidate all the way to regulatory approval typically takes a decade or more'

So it could take at least 18 months but could take as long as decades if I read the article correctly.

-

On another note if conspiracy theorists won't take the vaccine as per David Icke's suggestions, could that wipe out a huge number of conspiracy theorists?

@Lefty Frizzell I know you follow David Ickes work so I'm interested to know your take on the CV19 vaccine front.

-

According to the Guardian article above the virus will have peaked and declined by the time a vaccine is ready so don't go getting your hopes up just yet.
I'm thinking a mix of marmite and lizard DNA.

Interesting interview online about the virus with Mr Icke. You seen it?

lets hope......
In the meantime lets have a look at the person in the op who is working on the virus Annelies Wilder-Smith, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

ORCID is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Rest assured that access to the Registry and our support desk, as well as member integrations, will continue as normal. Please read more about ORCID's response to the pandemic. (link removed)
Annelies Wilder-Smith (0000-0003-0362-5375)

Sorry got no pics marra.
I'm thinking a mix of marmite and lizard DNA.

Interesting interview online about the virus with Mr Icke. You seen it?
I have seen snippets of him recently posted in the conspiracy stuff, he actually predicted this would happen among other things but I put that down to talking so much about everything sooner or later he will hit the nail on the head.

I've just found the youtube of him talking about it.
After watching David Ickes new video on the corona virus he is saying its nothing more than a cold/flu. ffs man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever rushes through the first vaccine by cutting corners and without the standard phased testing being done MUST name the vaccine after himself, just as Dr. Salk did. Just so we know.

Whoever rushes through the first vaccine by cutting corners and without the standard phased testing being done MUST name the vaccine after himself, just as Dr. Salk did. Just so we know.
I cant see conspiracy theorists taking the Annelies vaccine marra.

No chance of it being before 18 months from what I've read however we are probably already well into that by now. You could probably knock 4 months of the 18 months.

That not quite true, they'll allow it to be used very very quickly if they're happy enough, there's loads of variables with these things. Say if a new vaccine is just a variation of another vaccine just tweaked a little then most of the work is already done, phase III and crack on in situations like this. The Ebola vaccines were very much rushed through and deployed straightaway, one of the side effects of one was narcolepsy iirc.

Here's a link to an interesting British trial ChAdOx1

That not quite true, they'll allow it to be used very very quickly if they're happy enough, there's loads of variables with these things. Say if a new vaccine is just a variation of another vaccine just tweaked a little then most of the work is already done, phase III and crack on in situations like this. The Ebola vaccines were very much rushed through and deployed straightaway, one of the side effects of one was narcolepsy iirc.

Here's a link to an interesting British trial ChAdOx1

Thanks mate keep looking into it and keep us posted.

A vaccine whilst being essential to defeating Covid in the longer term will not necessarily be the only game changer. There are promising results already with drug treatments eg HIV antiretrovirals. If a combination can be found which is an effective treatment or can be used as prophylaxis this would be a massive step forward in the fight.

You upto date on your SARS and MERS vaccines? No me neither.....
Several researchers claim to have been very close to success with SARS but no interest in funding it once the initial outbreaks were contained. If they really were close that could give a massive head start for Covid 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back