When will a vaccine be ready?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40035

After a thorough search I cant find a thread about a CV19 vaccine so I've made a new one.

When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready?

“Like most vaccinologists, I don’t think this vaccine will be ready before 18 months,” says Annelies Wilder-Smith, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. That’s already extremely fast, and it assumes there will be no hitches.

'taking a vaccine candidate all the way to regulatory approval typically takes a decade or more'

So it could take at least 18 months but could take as long as decades if I read the article correctly.

-

On another note if conspiracy theorists won't take the vaccine as per David Icke's suggestions, could that wipe out a huge number of conspiracy theorists?

@Lefty Frizzell I know you follow David Ickes work so I'm interested to know your take on the CV19 vaccine front.

-

According to the Guardian article above the virus will have peaked and declined by the time a vaccine is ready so don't go getting your hopes up just yet.

A breakthrough vaccine for the virus has been found.

Eat two cloves of garlic every day. It’s useless, doesn’t kill the virus, but keeps everyone who can transmit it to you... a safe distance away!

He'll infect this board quicker than any virus....
There's actually already a niceonemarra vaccine - 🔨 <- it stops idiots dead in their tracks.

Here he is, King wibbler :lol:
Ah come on , I wasn't going to mention the conspiracy theory angle but put that bit in just for you marra. Seriously though if people want to call out David Icke on his theories about vaccines now is the time. I mean who their right mind would go around telling people not to get vaccines?

Virologist's won't say it'll be sooner because of the importance of people listening and taking heed of the advice being given right now. You can also add the fact they won't want to look daft in the future if it doesn't happen and millions die.

With the current panic, demand and serious nature of this pandemic I'd guess at a rollout of next winter, it'll get rushed through with the emphasis of side effects, unless horrendous, being acceptable in place of death.

I'd also imagine it'll be produced on license worldwide to meet demand, it might be too late to really help our country this winter but the southern hemisphere could build an Immunity to help stop the spread.

The vaccine won’t stop this pandemic but will halt future ones
I was just wondering about that mate and thought about other corona vaccines not working with this CV19 virus. I know nothing about biology but isn't this virus exclusive? As in the chances of this exact virus happening again are very slim indeed.

I was just wondering about that mate and thought about other corona vaccines not working with this CV19 virus. I know nothing about biology but isn't this virus exclusive? As in the chances of this exact virus happening again are very slim indeed.

The flu viruses also mutate, but flu shots still provide some level of protection despite being built off prior years' viruses.

For the current outbreak, the mass wave of deaths is coming in weeks. A vaccine will not be available in weeks.

There are a number of coronaviruses that infect humans. These have evolved to use humans as a host and cause mild cold like symptoms and aren’t fatal. The difference with CV19 is it evolved in animals similar to SARS and MERS
(although it isn’t as deadly).

With the other coranavirus that specifically evolved to infect humans, they are seasonal due to people not developing long lasting immunity to them. There’s no reason to suspect CV19 will behave any different and it’s likely to become endemic.

We therefore need a vaccine specifically against CV19. It will be too late to stop this current wave but will prevent future waves of the disease

There are a number of coronaviruses that infect humans. These have evolved to use humans as a host and cause mild cold like symptoms and aren’t fatal. The difference with CV19 is it evolved in animals similar to SARS and MERS
(although it isn’t as deadly).

With the other coranavirus that specifically evolved to infect humans, they are seasonal due to people not developing long lasting immunity to them. There’s no reason to suspect CV19 will behave any different and it’s likely to become endemic.

We therefore need a vaccine specifically against CV19. It will be too late to stop this current wave but will prevent future waves of the disease
Thanks for clearing that up. One thing is for sure and that is they WILL find a vaccine 'eventually'.

Do you think we will all have to take it like we do with the BCG?

A vaccine will be ready for testing within weeks if not days somewhere in the world however you can’t short circuit the testing process and it’ll take many months after that to build a production facility large enough to produce the quantity required, say approx 70billion shots

Thanks for clearing that up. One thing is for sure and that is they WILL find a vaccine 'eventually'.

Do you think we will all have to take it like we do with the BCG?
Will depend on how long lasting our immunity to it is, which is too early to say. I’d imagine maybe just the at risk groups though, similar to the flu vaccine.

A vaccine will be ready for testing within weeks if not days somewhere in the world however you can’t short circuit the testing process and it’ll take many months after that to build a production facility large enough to produce the quantity required, say approx 70billion shots
I've heard it will be given to the vulnerable and key workers first.

70 billion?

Back