What's

• Thread starter Andy Reids Love Chil
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Reids Love Chil

the biggest six you've ever hit?

Hit a beauty out of the nets at Shildon last night over the railway lines and onto a nearby football field. Was canny far like....:cool:

Not hit one yet :-(

Only played 2 games like.

I did hit a monstrous 4 last week though.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does Houghtons boundaries compare to other places? Seems big.

haven't hit one yet.... dunno how close i've been either i normally just stare at my bat in amazement when i eventually get bat on ball

Hit it straight at Durham City over the wall by the club house, don't know how far but lost the ball. Nearly took out the umpire on the way also, he managed to duck just in time tho..

Hit one at the Lyons which went midway into an adjacent field and nearly took out one of the ponies in the field :eek:

Into the cemetry at Bournmoor, easy hit but in the same innings managed to hit the top of the wall by the road leading in....

Cow cornered one at Silksworth over the fence and the road.

Smashed one at Beamish which was still going up when it hit the trees there.

Hit a few bigish ones at Whitburn with the 3lb 4oz Dukes ton beast.

Those days are over with a 2lb 6 oz bat though.

But my favourite was as a kid in Newport (silky) hitting a thrown ball at me over one set of houses, over the road and over another set of houses into there back gardens as I was about 14 I think that's my biggest....

I rarely get a bat so zero.. odd 4's

Our ground is realtively small and we are forever replacing roof tiles on peoples houses on one side fo the ground.

very rare we get through a game without losing a ball or two

I hit one from the far side of pitch at Philadelphia into the garden of the houses that overlook the ground; it made such a good noise coming off the bat.

Although the best bit about that one was that at the time a family were having a barbecue and when the ball landed in their garden they wouldn't give us it back and then told us to 'move along a bit' so no one could hit any more balls in to their garden. :lol:

I also managed to hit the ball onto the train tracks at Seaham Harbour a few years ago. Nee idea which was bigger but the Philadelphia one always sticks in my mind.

Last edited:
a quality four at wearmouth. then i was caught on the boundary going for a six in the same game.

im a bit ashamed of that since it wasnt that far to hit it

Launched Craigylee and Sweeney for consecutive boundaries in the outdoor nets, with out a net during last season :cool: In fairness to Sweeney he was also concussed at the time, Craig Lee will probably blame sleep deprivation again.

Never in a game though, fell about a yard short vs Newcastle City at home last season, straight owa the bowlers head. I feel the new bat could reach the boundary if a decent batsman used it

Last edited by a moderator:
Against Easington about 5 years ago, straight down the ground, over their pavilion.

Hit a pull shot for 6 against Castle Eden in the same season.

Both of these are dwarfed by a 6 a lad hit off my bowling at Bill Quay, over the nets on the fences and landed on someones roof. Thought it was going into the Tyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back