what will be the form of Beale's demise

I was underwhelmed by his appointment.

But I can’t get it in my head people wanting him to fail.

I expect him to be poor but I’d love to hold my hands up and say fuck it I got it massivly wrong!

I believe where you are misinterpreting is by saying people WANT him to fail when it is people EXPECT him to fail.

The fans will say otherwise and you know what the SOL is like when it turns toxic. The owner will get grief and Beale will be gone. Hope he proves me wrong and makes a success of it.
Yeah I see what you mean. I just think a quick sacking shows Speakman made an error in appointing him, which I don’t think he would want to show

It starts today after a 4 nil drubbing and 1 shot in target. But I’ve got a feeling we will be the better team between the boxes
Hope so
I believe where you are misinterpreting is by saying people WANT him to fail when it is people EXPECT him to fail.
Completely right. I hope he does well and hes not gone by easter. However i dont think he will get us into the play offs and unless its a disaster, he will still be here come october....i hope im wrong.

Last edited:
Tad one dimensional mate ..there are lots of variables that feed the into the final results fella !Please put your the janet and John book of footballing analysis away and wake up !
Hark at you ... the football guru.
Im not your mate.. Dont call me fella either.

Other. Meekly roll over to the Smoggies as he cannot get the team up for it, and them being booted all over the park again but not changing anything as the replacements on the bench are too young for taking elbows and flying kicks.

I can only speak for myself and SAFC fans that I talk to. I have never heard anyone say they want him to fail. As for Facebook, I wouldn’t look too much into what you read there (probably mags)
Aye it’s not been on here like (well a haven’t seen it) but seen it about usual shite a guess

I can only speak for myself and SAFC fans that I talk to. I have never heard anyone say they want him to fail. As for Facebook, I wouldn’t look too much into what you read there (probably mags)
Of course none of the fans want him to fail its just that after 20 managers in 20 years we have seen it all before & we know what to expect.

Despite what anyone says it's never the fans of a club who get rid of the manager it's Chairman or their CEO's.

Every manager leaves one way or another. And while I desperately hope Beale moves the club forward, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks he will. I certainly don't have high expectations.

Any views on what the circumstances will be when he will eventually leave us.....for example:
  1. Departs with the keys of the City some time mid 2030s, having secured promotion in April '24, stablised the club upper-middle of the Premier and won a trophy or two. Decent compensation as he steps into the role of England Manager.
  2. Poached by (insert, e.g. Stoke or Hull) 2026 after missing out via the play offs for the 3rd consecutive time.
  3. Walks away around October '24 having missed out on the play offs by a couple of points with the team mid-table in the Championship
  4. Sacked by Easter after a run of six straight defeats, starting today against Ipswich.
  5. Other?
I'm hoping for 1, but pretty sure it's going to be 3 or 4. A quick, or slightly delayed, but painful exit.
Does well, someone else wants him, goes there because the fans there don’t care about his regional accent and psycho analyse every word and misplaced pass to use as evidence against him

His immense human character, flawless communication skills, superhuman football knowledge and all round cockneyness becomes irresistible to alien lifeforms after our 5th CL victory parade so they grab the fucker to experiment on him and insert probes.. no idea why aliens always seem to want to shove things up human arses but hey ho.. live and let live.

5. Other. We fall away over the course of the remainder of this season, going on a bad run with a squad which has no options getting knackered and a shit manager who has no answers, and no respect from the players. Finish about 12th. Despite pressure on Beale, Speakman convinces himself and the French Trust Fund Brat that Beale just needs a proper pre-season to mould the team, because he talks like a 'modern' coach. In the summer, we still prioritise poor, cheap, foreign players over players who would take us forward, as well as losing Clarke and maybe Neil and / or Ballard. We're left with a squad of about 35, but no viable first team and results get worse. Crowd turns on Beale by about October. Beale, feeling under pressure and obsessed with his own reputation, starts throwing players under the bus, and complaining about recruitment. French Trust Fund Brat has another hissy fit and tells Speakman to sack Beale. Beale heads off to his next job in League One / Two, we appoint Mike Dodds to try and keep us up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back