what will be the form of Beale's demise

Two matches passed since the original post - and two defeats.

We've now dropped below the league position where Mowbray was sacked.

Thinking option 4 is looking increasingly likely - can he even make another four games? If we lose to Stoke (surely unlikely, will that be curtains? or do we get a stay of execution til Boro?

Thinking option 4 is looking increasingly likely - can he even make another four games?

Every manager leaves one way or another. And while I desperately hope Beale moves the club forward, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks he will. I certainly don't have high expectations.

Any views on what the circumstances will be when he will eventually leave us.....for example:
  1. Departs with the keys of the City some time mid 2030s, having secured promotion in April '24, stablised the club upper-middle of the Premier and won a trophy or two. Decent compensation as he steps into the role of England Manager.
  2. Poached by (insert, e.g. Stoke or Hull) 2026 after missing out via the play offs for the 3rd consecutive time.
  3. Walks away around October '24 having missed out on the play offs by a couple of points with the team mid-table in the Championship
  4. Sacked by Easter after a run of general poor and less than mediocre results, starting today against Ipswich.
  5. Other?
I'm hoping for 1, but pretty sure it's going to be 3 or 4. A quick, or slightly delayed, but painful exit.
Thought this might be worth dusting off.....looks like all options are still on. Number 4 would need some modification (edited). But my money remains on 4. God help us if it's 3. Still hopeful, but I think 1 is probably liking a bit hopeful.

Gone before Easter?

Thought this might be worth dusting off.....looks like all options are still on. Number 4 would need some modification (edited). But my money remains on 4. God help us if it's 3. Still hopeful, but I think 1 is probably liking a bit hopeful.

Gone before Easter?
4 is looking good or bad or whatever.
Gone before midday would be my pick.

Every manager leaves one way or another. And while I desperately hope Beale moves the club forward, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks he will. I certainly don't have high expectations.

Any views on what the circumstances will be when he will eventually leave us.....for example:
  1. Departs with the keys of the City some time mid 2030s, having secured promotion in April '24, stablised the club upper-middle of the Premier and won a trophy or two. Decent compensation as he steps into the role of England Manager.
  2. Poached by (insert, e.g. Stoke or Hull) 2026 after missing out via the play offs for the 3rd consecutive time.
  3. Walks away around October '24 having missed out on the play offs by a couple of points with the team mid-table in the Championship
  4. Sacked by Easter after a run of six straight defeats, starting today against Ipswich.
  5. Other?
I'm hoping for 1, but pretty sure it's going to be 3 or 4. A quick, or slightly delayed, but painful exit.
So......option 4 apparently wins it.

Gone (sacked/resigned?) after 4 defeats, 2 wins and a draw (since the time of this original post). Well before Easter.

Even sadder state of affairs that most of us could have imagined.

Back