What was your last piece of good luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost my driver's licence at Latitude.. didn't know anything about it and didn't realise until it arrived through the post a week later with a nice note

"Thought you might need this... Found at latitude after George Ezra.. love Holly"
Thought I may have had some amazing good luck tonight but heard nothing so I fear it may not have come off

Last edited:
Meeting Mr P. Aye, soppy answer but true.
Hoping he'll let you out of the basement for good behaviour aye

No I'm joshing obviously. Lovely answer 😀
Every day is a bonus. I have had a lot of ill health. Then our four mad rescue dogs are so delighted when we come back from a day out shopping, so pleased that the pack is reunited. The little things, dogs understand that all is bliss. All is bliss.

Dogs.

Watch A Matter of Life and Death... when he meets the black lab on the beach

Last edited:
Aye hopefully. He’s smashing it atm!

I'm so f***ing pleased 🤗

In reference to my post however... I meant as a parent of twins you will get to the point of not being able to get up and out in good time 🥳

I'm loving these emojis

I'm so f***ing pleased 🤗

In reference to my post however... I meant as a parent of twins you will get to the point of not being able to get up and out in good time 🥳

I'm loving these emojis
Don’t see that bugger happening anytime soon!

Two days ago saving my boxer pup from the sea. Only jumped in with my phone in pocket. Saved the dog and the phone still works. Result!!
Puppies can instinctively swim.
Unless there was a strong tide / current the dawg would problies have been fine. Well done anyway!

As for me ...
Got us this morning all set to drop the bairn off at daycare then go to get my blood drawn. All going well. Car wouldn’t start. Blokes are out in the street cutting lawns so I asked if one could give me a jump. He hooked it up wrong and shorted out both batteries. Called AAA who arrived in 30 minutes, jumped the lawn mower bloke’s car and sold me a new battery as old one was five years old!
Got tondaycare in time for bairn’s activities. Got to the blood lab at 10.30. My appointment was for 8.40. Took me right in with no wait.
The good luck part?
I hadn’t been thinking my battery was way past it’s sell-by date. If that had happened a few days earlier or later when I’d be driving to the airport it would have buggered up my whole week and lost loads of money for the company. Today was a work from home day, no harm done!

I won £30 on the Euromillions lottery, around a month ago.

I remember years ago, I lost my Sunderland season ticket, after a night out, drowning my sorrows, after the match, and a few days later, some cruel bastard had posted it back to me.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. (True story)
Lost my bag in London pissed before the checkatrade final. It was found by lost property on the tube and @Novelty Island brought it back up for me.
A top man is @Novelty Island 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back