What was your last piece of good luck?

My son was asking about scratch cards the other day saying he's never scratched one, I said 'you know what, I've never bought one, next time we're in the shop we will get one. Bought one for a quid yesterday, he scratched it off and we won......... A quid. Buzzing we were. Now we get to trade it in today for another scratchy and try our luck again.

How lucky can you get. Hope things ended well.
They did a wonderful job, he was out two days later, and is making a good recovery, touch wood. Can't praise them enough.
My son was asking about scratch cards the other day saying he's never scratched one, I said 'you know what, I've never bought one, next time we're in the shop we will get one. Bought one for a quid yesterday, he scratched it off and we won......... A quid. Buzzing we were. Now we get to trade it in today for another scratchy and try our luck again.

We did this once. Won a quid, got a new one, won two quid. Got another new one, won a fiver. Got another new one, won a tenner. Stopped there but who knows where it could have ended. :lol: Hope the same happens to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined a project late, the original crew negotiated their bonus early as project going to shit. I was in China away from all this, checked my account one day, 100k usd bonus paid to me, got a email with contract deviation for this, ive never signed something so quick.

Gust of wind whipped poo bag out of my hand as I stooped to recover effluent from my mutt. Luckily I had another. Was perturbed for the rest of the amble as he can double up on his evacuations. Walked round in a big loop & there, wrapped around the lower reaches of a small tree was my original, unused bag. Recovered it, dog had another shit, happy days...

That's how big gambling lure you in. Thin end of the wedge imo.

Just now :) A tree has just toppled over in the garden, was on it's last legs mind. If the match hadn't been on I'd have probably been sat in my deck chair that is now splattered under the tree :)

Found a locker key swimming last week, must have fell off someone's ankle. Thought my luck was in!

Then I opened the locker. There were some minging rags in there and some kid's clothes, ratty phone and some crappy looking car keys. There were some plastic cards, and etc in there but I thought if the poor bugger has such crap clothes and phone plus what looked like the keys to an old Austin Allegro then he's probably spent up on his cards his bank account will be overdrawn to the limit already.

Gave it up as a bad job, closed the locker up again and handed the key in. Probably made the poor buggers day!

Was about 10 years back but will never forget it, went shop with just a £5 note got to shop couldn’t find £5 note retraced steps back home scanning the floor and found a £20 note, back to the shop I went and randomly remembered I put my £5 in my back pocket. Then went to bookies and put the found £20 on a Midweek footy acca and won just short of £100 back. Bizarre and as if it was meant to be.

Back