What was the first vinyl 45 you bought?

I actually went to a fancy dress at school with four mates as Adam and the Ants, I was Gary Tibbs though, not Adam

@mini-x2 wasn't involved though, he didn't hang out with the cool kids till I took him under my wing. He went as Kiss I've posted the pic before

Post in thread 'KISS @Newcastle arena June 2023' KISS @Newcastle arena June 2023
He's Mam's been helping with his costume lately, looks a bit more pro now.

Logon or register to see this image

It's stopped being fancy dress for him now, thats his normal clobber.

Note the lack of pockets for carrying a wallet around with him too 😉
Oh no, he's not one, that stands and opens the door for all the lads to enter the pub, before he goes in himself, is he?

I hope you got good money for the vinyl as, as everyone now knows, some is worth a fortune. I gave away, amongst others now of high value, a mint original vinyl copy of My Bloody Valentines Loveless from 1991. Discogs says it’s now worth about £200. Oh well.

You’re talking to a muppet ( me ) who left a first pressing of The Beatles White Album with a number in the very low 2000’s behind when I left to go live in Southampton ( this was 1972 so not as desirable as it became ).

Like others on here I chucked my LP collection (of around 450-500 ) when cd’s entered the arena. 😢

I just keep getting the image of you and Min, with your forearms crossed, singing, don't you ever,,,don't you ever..👍
It’s true that @Sneech taught me the ‘Prince Charming’ dance, in fact he knew every move in that video off by heart. Every morning he’d troop into school doing Apache cries with a band aid across his nose. The only move he never perfected was the time he foolishly attempted to do the swing on the chandelier at the end. He tried it with his mam’s lampshade which wasn’t so sturdy, resulting in him crashing through the French windows. Blood everywhere as a stray shard had chopped his cock off. Luckily they were able to reattach it. To his head.

It’s true that @Sneech taught me the ‘Prince Charming’ dance, in fact he knew every move in that video off by heart. Every morning he’d troop into school doing Apache cries with a band aid across his nose. The only move he never perfected was the time he foolishly attempted to do the swing on the chandelier at the end. He tried it with his mam’s lampshade which wasn’t so sturdy, resulting in him crashing through the French windows. Blood everywhere as a stray shard had chopped his cock off. Luckily they were able to reattach it. To his head.
An excellent story, a beginning, a middle part and an amusing ending.

Well done 👍

Who Pays the Ferryman
Song by Yannis Markopoulos
I even put a little Uncle Remus boat transfer on the paper sleeve. Still got it somewhere.

Back