What was last night’s stream and pre/post game coverage like?

If you've ever watched a behind the scenes clip of a TV director's box for live events you can see the skill needed to be shouting out which camera angle to switch to that'll provide the best shot of whatever is happening. I don't think the person doing this last night is quite up there with the best of them :p but it was a nice relief to have even just the random zoomed in shots so that there is a visual break from the one constant angle from above.

They used them well on the goal replays and the highlights later showed some useful extra angles to appreciate how close or far the missed chances were. Hopefully they can improve on being able to use those extra cameras while in live play in a more helpful way.

If you've ever watched a behind the scenes clip of a TV director's box for live events you can see the skill needed to be shouting out which camera angle to switch to that'll provide the best shot of whatever is happening. I don't think the person doing this last night is quite up there with the best of them :p but it was a nice relief to have even just the random zoomed in shots so that there is a visual break from the one constant angle from above.

They used them well on the goal replays and the highlights later showed some useful extra angles to appreciate how close or far the missed chances were. Hopefully they can improve on being able to use those extra cameras while in live play in a more helpful way.
I agree with this, we cannot compare to sky, Bt, bbc etc.

It just needs to be decent enough, unless the club have identified it as a useful income stream for the future.

For most it’s a stop gap until we can attend. If we have enough exiles to make it break even or make a profit then it’s worth the investment.

I agree with this, we cannot compare to sky, Bt, bbc etc.

It just needs to be decent enough, unless the club have identified it as a useful income stream for the future.

For most it’s a stop gap until we can attend. If we have enough exiles to make it break even or make a profit then it’s worth the investment.

Expect it to help us out-compete other League One and League Two clubs in recruitment. After signing the players' interviewed:
I've always wanted to play for this massive club with the four-camera system.

Not over fussed me. Its been a god send just to be able to watch us play this season with not being able to go.

Honestly think folk are to critical of things, any improvements are welcome but the main thing is the team are improving under Johnson and I'm enjoying watching us again from the dross served up under Park, Ross, Coleman & Grayson.

All round better imo. The main camera looked smoother when tracking the ball, the others cameras were a canny addition and the psloat match but was canny with Johnson's interview etc. Helped we won again, mind.

When switching to a closer in view the focus (auto?) sometimes seemed a bit slow to catch up.

But it was an improvement.

Frankie reminding us every 2 mins that we now have 4 cameras, and, didn’t we know, this was better than streams from other clubs, was less welcome.

Last edited:
I must have been watching a different stream. For me, it was class! The multiple cameras made a big difference. It was much more like watching a normal televised game.

Back