What was last night’s stream and pre/post game coverage like?

Great improvement. Being overseas, I'll take anything. But going from absolutely nothing to the one camera wobbly cam to this is excellent. Great to see the club being proactive on this stuff, and no doubt it'll be a decent revenue stream going forward. I'd be happy to pay more for a four camera service.

I have iptv but will be buying all the home safc games. Probably all the aways , as I assume we sell more than 500, so my money will go to the club?
Not sure the rules have been published on Joe the cash is distributed? I did read somewhere we sold 9,000 streams for a game earlier in the season. Not sure how many were cash buyers as opposed to ST holders.
I have bought most home games, but not as many aways as I didn’t want to fund those tw@ts who voted for the salary cap.

Last edited:
Not sure the rules have been published on Joe the cash is distributed? I did read somewhere we sold 9,000 streams for a game earlier in the season. Not sure how many were cash buyers as opposed to ST holders.
I have bought most home games, but not as many aways as I didn’t want to fund those tw@ts who voted for the salary cap.

As I understand it, the home club gets to keep everything they sell plus the first 500 sold by the away club. So, if we sell 9,000 streams for Saturday, Crewe only get the value of the first 500 (so £5,000 less VAT).

Key issue still remains Collins is decent as has a good insight as a player very good at this level. I would never tire of punching the other guy though something about men who look like that with little button noses and hes also a shite commentator

Iirc the first 500 aways sales go to the home team , the rest go to us.
9000 isn't that great a number mind. Thought its would be far more than that.

Think its about right (earlier in the season the echo said there were 24000 sales for the first three games in total). A lot of people will be watching with their families, so often 3 or 4 on a stream. Then there's the vast numbers that will have iptv!

Was much better

Different camera angles
Better quality pictures

And they got the team name abbreviations correct!!!

Can't believe people still pay £10 for streams though

Was much better

Different camera angles
Better quality pictures

And they got the team name abbreviations correct!!!

Can't believe people still pay £10 for streams though

I'm happy enough paying for it as long as we've got an owner who genuinely wants to progress the club. I've got iptv and used it when we weren't legally allowed to stream the matches, but now that we can I don't mind putting a tenner in. It's the nearest I can get to supporting. Not blaming anyone who doesn't, but personally I wouldn't feel right watching it on iptv

Work in progress for me, the four cameras made it better, but the direction of when to cut each one in could have been a lot better and needs a big improvement. That is my main criticism, but I was not expecting Sky so wasn't disappointed.

Although the club wont be making as much on home games, their take on aways will help offset the shortfall. If we had been allowed in at Crewe tomorrow, we'd have sold approx 2,000 tickets at £25 a time - £50K to Crewe's coffers. With the streaming service, Crewe only get the first £5,000 and everything else is ours. I would imagine that we'll sell well over 2000 streams at £10, making £20K+ for us. Its a way for non-ST holders like me to see a game that I normally wouldnt have a hope in hell of getting a ticket for.

IIRC, IPTV dont give a single penny to SAFC, so those who watch the stream through them are:

a. Not counted in the official figures.
b. Helping to kill the clubs.

Although the club wont be making as much on home games, their take on aways will help offset the shortfall. If we had been allowed in at Crewe tomorrow, we'd have sold approx 2,000 tickets at £25 a time - £50K to Crewe's coffers. With the streaming service, Crewe only get the first £5,000 and everything else is ours. I would imagine that we'll sell well over 2000 streams at £10, making £20K+ for us. Its a way for non-ST holders like me to see a game that I normally wouldnt have a hope in hell of getting a ticket for.

IIRC, IPTV dont give a single penny to SAFC, so those who watch the stream through them are:

a. Not counted in the official figures.
b. Helping to kill the clubs.
Or c, watching the club the only affordable way that they can do

We upgraded our production a couple of months back , about the same time we downgraded the on pitch performances :( . Introduced by Scott Minto and with regular guest Alan Curbishley it's usually better than watching the match. Viewing figures have gone up x 5 and we are apparently in the top 6 EFL streamed clubs. A very professional production , it's a shame the footballs shit.

Back