What to do with Iran

Israel has a problem with religious extremists as well,its effectively an apartheid state with arab israelis second class citizens. Israeli settlers regularly shoot innocent people and israel is happy to lock up kids for for years cos they chucked a stone, they are even willing to shoot children

it doesnt sound like a country with western values

now again, lots of isrealis protest this as well but in their political system it seems their own far right have too great a sway

there have been moderators in the past, Rabin tried to come up with progression towards some form of peace, but was killed by an israeli extremist

so lets not pretend they dont have a lot of nutters as well

Iran is a country run by religious zealots, many americans seem to support the idea of christian fundamentalism as well, and israel is also being held back by extremists. I see a common problem here

Last edited:

Leave them all to it !

Remove capitalistic reliability, liability or power from whoever in Isreal and let them get on with it

Anyone who wants to protest about it in this country offer them a plane ticket to go and really help

The same western government ls that sold their soul to China for cheap goods.
you'll get no argument from me on how we've sold our soul for cheap plastic tat. it needs undoing.
This!
Iran is the one country in the region that I believe has immense potential if they can only get rid of their Islamist nutcase leaders.
The Iranian people will get their freedom, and the nation will prosper. They're mostly decent people who've been dealt a really shit hand for too long, and dictatorships never last forever.
It's in all our interests for Iran to be free and friends with the West.

It's one of the very few countries in the M.E. I'd love to visit.
They've been well educated and the thing that is important, IMO anyway, is that there are people in Iran with a living memory of how it was prior to the mad mullahs. Once they're dead the change back will be harder.

Last edited:
you'll get no argument from me on how we've sold our soul for cheap plastic tat. it needs undoing.

They've been well educated and the thing that is important, IMO anyway, is that there are people in Iran with a living memory of how it was prior to the mad mullahs. Once they're dead the change back will be harder.
Tbh the Shah's secret police were evil. I think change will come because younger people will want that change.

But in order to have that homeland in that specific location they have had to displace a number of people who already lived there and expand the country of Israel. I am not anti-Israel and countries/populations have changed a lot over time, but at least be honest about the consequences of the expansion of Israel and why some people may be uncomfortable with it's actions. Many credible news outlets (Reuters etc.) are reporting rapidly expanding Israeli settlements in now occupied Palestinian territory - what has that got to do with the hunting down and destruction of Hamas?
And that's why we are where we are. Ultimately one of em has to give up and IMO it shouldn't be the Israelis.

Completely agree with this, the tricky bit is finding a way to avoid it looking like western enforced regime change and the new government looking like a puppet.
agree, support them but don't go picking their government.
Tbh the Shah's secret police were evil. I think change will come because younger people will want that change.
Being a democracy is all we should aspire for them to be. let them pick their leaders and be able to get shot if they're shite. Autocracies and dictatorships are dog shit.

Last edited:
The same western government ls that sold their soul to China for cheap goods.
I have to admit I buy quite a lot of electronics from China. When you're into electronics as a hobbyist, UK prices are orders of magnitude higher for components, modules and test gear etc. There's no way my bench would be as well kitted out if it weren't for Chinese electronics.

When you're on a very tight budget, it's a no brainer, tbh.

Iran is a fantastic country of history, science and culture and has huge potential as a stable country which engages with the rest of the world. Trouble is that it is ruled by a very small number of the "Mad Mullahs" and their devotees while the vast majority of the population - and every Iranian I've ever worked with or met - have been nothing other than peaceful and hospitable.

Iran is a fantastic country of history, science and culture and has huge potential as a stable country which engages with the rest of the world. Trouble is that it is ruled by a very small number of the "Mad Mullahs" and their devotees while the vast majority of the population - and every Iranian I've ever worked with or met - have been nothing other than peaceful and hospitable.
would be quite interesting to see how our relationship with the Saudi's developed if Iran sorted itself out and we became git pally with them.
Iran produces 75% of the worlds pistachio nuts, the USA the other 25% the CIA want to stop this so their nut producers become dominant
their dates are topper anarl. Persian ones not yank ones, probably taste like their cheese.

If anybody is interested I previously drew up invasion plans for Iran beginning with an amphibious landing in the south, through Bandar Abbas, through Sirjan - recognising the cultural importance of sites such as Pasargadae - securing Isfahan and finally taking Tehran
Amphibious landings are so out. Drones will polish them off in minutes….

The Middle East is an ultra angry zone. The global equivalent of a 3am taxi rank on a Saturday night.
Shame a massive fence can't be put around it and just let them get on with it. How they find time to do all this fighting baffles me. Don't they work, have fun or ever relax?

Must be absolutely draining.

But when Islam is criticised, the pile on is you hate all Muslims.
You're joking...right?

Why would you say that otherwise?
What do you mean when you say Zionist?
Look it up and educate yersel

Google is your friend here
a Zionist is basically someone advocating for jews having a homeland and protecting it. loads of people including non jews would be classed as Zionists.
Wrong.

Zionism has been a disaster for Arabs but especially Palestine.

The foaming at the mouth nut jobs currently advocating finishing off the indigenous population of the land stolen by zionists have great PR and are backed by the US military.

It's a f***ing scandal

Last edited:
Shame a massive fence can't be put around it and just let them get on with it. How they find time to do all this fighting baffles me. Don't they work, have fun or ever relax?

Must be absolutely draining.
After praying 5-7 times a day, they don't have much time for anything else.

Back