What to do with Iran

What we do is basically hope the people of Iran stand up against the Islamic Republic, somehow people always forget about the average person on the street in Iran/Lebanon/Israel/Iraq dont want this, its the nutjobs in control of the countries. Iran seems to have had some good PR recently as nobody seems to mention how they were throwing women in jail or having them go missing less than a few years ago for not wearing a headscarf and people are somehow portraying them as just sticking up for their people from the evils of Israel, the bombing on the Syrian consulate was not the reason for this last attack, it was just an excuse for it.
I think a lot of peoples dislike Israel that much that others get somewhat of a free pass with the bs they inflict on their populace
Look at the way a lot of people have supported the likes of Hamas over the years

Let the current situation play out is all we can do. Best outcome is that the Islamic regime falls and is replaced by a sane one, worst outcome is that we end up with another ISIS.

By that metric we shouldn’t have bothered with ww1 or 2 and just made peace with ze Germans?

Surely not being involved or arbiters of the world would entail not sharing intelligence as well. Can’t have it both ways, not being involved yet still being involved by providing intelligence
No because that was on our doorstep and there was a clear line between evil and good, can you say that now.
By that metric we shouldn’t have bothered with ww1 or 2 and just made peace with ze Germans?

Surely not being involved or arbiters of the world would entail not sharing intelligence as well. Can’t have it both ways, not being involved yet still being involved by providing intelligence

If we had Intelligence of a terrorist attack in China say that involved the death of innocents I hope we would provide it, and they aren't allies.

Last edited:
Let the current situation play out is all we can do. Best outcome is that the Islamic regime falls and is replaced by a sane one, worst outcome is that we end up with another ISIS.
Never gonna be a sane regime, all you can hope for is the next Islamic regime/ country are less of a cnt than the previous one 😂

But when Islam is criticised, the pile on is you hate all Muslims.

Yes, I want a strong Britain that cares for its own people and keeps its nose out of other people's business unless it directly affects us.

Isolationism doesn't work in a globally connected world. As we've seen in Ukraine, what happens in far off lands directly affects us here.

It's rather fanciful to think that we could have a safe and prosperous country while ignoring everything that is happening around the world.

No because that was on our doorstep and there was a clear line between evil and good, can you say that now.

Alright then no.
Is Iran’s leadership not evil? North Korea’s? One man’s evil is another man’s freedom fighter, look at the support Hamas got from the highest ranking members of labour not so long ago

Iran isn't stanting up against Israel's retaliation to the 7th Oct massacre, they've always wanted to wipe Israel off the map.
Israel is a totalitarian, suppressive, Islamist menace and enemy of the West. Israel is one of the fee decent societies in the middle east, and an ally.

"Israel is a totalitarian, suppressive, Islamist menace "

Typo ?

I think a lot of peoples dislike Israel that much that others get somewhat of a free pass with the bs they inflict on their populace
Look at the way a lot of people have supported the likes of Hamas over the years
I agree, I try and separate the people from the rulers as they are very different things but some of the people that try and justify the things Hamas do wouldn't last a single second in Palestine. Just hope somehow in the next decade or two theres people ruling all these countries that have grown up with the internet and have been able to become friends with people from other countries and see they arent what their leaders try and claim they are, one of the good things about social media and the likes.

Do you consider the terrorists that attcked innocent israeli's to be good or evil?
If we had Intelligence of a terrorist attack in China say that involved the death of innocents I hope we would provide it, and they aren't allies.
We'd be a lot less likely to have that intelligence of an attack if we just kept ourselves to our isolationist selves

Who decides who the Crocodile is. These little men like Cameron running around" trying to be all Statesman" like.
I despise the likes of him, Blair, Johnson and Biden than any Iranian or Russian.

And I have no love for Russia or Iran before anybody says I do.
the crocodile is the alliance of Putin, Xi Jinping, Khamenei & Kim. They're heads of Autocratic / dictatorships, the stronger they get the worse off we will become.

Just let them murder, rape and torture people?
We would be perpetually at war man, theirs thousands and thousands of Christians being murdered in places like Nigeria and Sudan, should we get stuck in there.

Look mate we aren't going to agree.
I have to go to work.

Theirs White farmers being butchered on a massive scale in South Africa, I could go on, the world's a fucked up place.

Last edited:
Everything that can be done to encourage the good people of Iran to rise up and seize control back from the radical islamists in charge. A free and secular Iran would be a massive step in changing the Middle East from being a production line for islamic extremists.
This!
Iran is the one country in the region that I believe has immense potential if they can only get rid of their Islamist nutcase leaders.
The Iranian people will get their freedom, and the nation will prosper. They're mostly decent people who've been dealt a really shit hand for too long, and dictatorships never last forever.
It's in all our interests for Iran to be free and friends with the West.

It's one of the very few countries in the M.E. I'd love to visit.

a Zionist is basically someone advocating for jews having a homeland and protecting it. loads of people including non jews would be classed as Zionists.

Antisemitic leftists and islamists have done their best to dirty the word, but it's basically the idea that jews should have a homeland in the place that they originated and have had a continued presence in for over 4000 years.

But in order to have that homeland in that specific location they have had to displace a number of people who already lived there and expand the country of Israel. I am not anti-Israel and countries/populations have changed a lot over time, but at least be honest about the consequences of the expansion of Israel and why some people may be uncomfortable with it's actions. Many credible news outlets (Reuters etc.) are reporting rapidly expanding Israeli settlements in now occupied Palestinian territory - what has that got to do with the hunting down and destruction of Hamas?

Everything that can be done to encourage the good people of Iran to rise up and seize control back from the radical islamists in charge. A free and secular Iran would be a massive step in changing the Middle East from being a production line for islamic extremists.

Completely agree with this, the tricky bit is finding a way to avoid it looking like western enforced regime change and the new government looking like a puppet.

Back