What the former Corner Flag pub is to become.

Why is it Sunderland council fault?

The developer has been proposed since October 2020 - they can’t force them into another property surely.

he was being sarcastic as in people will blame the council for anything

Why is it Sunderland council fault?

The developer has been proposed since October 2020 - they can’t force them into another property surely.

Look through the Facebook page of Luciano's the owners basicly posted that they are being forcefully evicted and the council is refusing to help them

Look through the Facebook page of Luciano's the owners basicly posted that they are being forcefully evicted and the council is refusing to help them

Yes but they’ve been given notice and they’ve decided to do nothing about it, now using this fact to hold council to ransom to shift them. The council appear to have given them the ability to shift by reducing their rent. The council may not own other facilities that lucianos want to move into either.

Yes but they’ve been given notice and they’ve decided to do nothing about it, now using this fact to hold council to ransom to shift them. The council appear to have given them the ability to shift by reducing their rent. The council may not own other facilities that lucianos want to move into either.
The council owe them fuck all, Lucianos are acting like the victim but why the fuck should us council
Tax payers be subsidising them?

The council owe them fuck all, Lucianos are acting like the victim but why the fuck should us council
Tax payers be subsidising them?

I agree. The council have already subsidised them for the last few years with reduced rent. Don’t get me wrong I think efforts should made to help find them a property but if that property doesn’t exist I am not sure what else can be done?

Sounds like they are holding council to ransom to go into the new hotel but council seem reluctant, so assume they must have other interest and presumably businesses willing to pay a higher rent.

Lucianos have had plenty of time to sort alternative premises out.

I agree. The council have already subsidised them for the last few years with reduced rent. Don’t get me wrong I think efforts should made to help find them a property but if that property doesn’t exist I am not sure what else can be done?

Sounds like they are holding council to ransom to go into the new hotel but council seem reluctant, so assume they must have other interest and presumably businesses willing to pay a higher rent.

Some fella at the council (I forget his name) promised them space in the new hotel but he was apparently full of shit making promises he couldn't keep. Council did offer other premises but none were deemed suitable. No immediate plans to reopen elsewhere and just going to step back for a short while to think about next steps.

Some fella at the council (I forget his name) promised them space in the new hotel but he was apparently full of shit making promises he couldn't keep. Council did offer other premises but none were deemed suitable. No immediate plans to reopen elsewhere and just going to step back for a short while to think about next steps.
This may well be true, but I find it hard to believe that someone who has been in business for so long would be naïve enough to think that the council were in a position to make such an offer unless they owned the hotel.

This may well be true, but I find it hard to believe that someone who has been in business for so long would be naïve enough to think that the council were in a position to make such an offer unless they owned the hotel.

Or that should they get offered the hotel site, they'd be paying a lot more in rent

The council bought the building 7 or 8 years ago. They've known about having to move since then
Sounds just like the Belford house shambles from years ago where the council bought the building and a certain councillor who called himself ‘an honorary member’ came in and addressed the membership promising it would remain a social club. Closed down a week later and never re opened. Shit houses.

Sounds just like the Belford house shambles from years ago where the council bought the building and a certain councillor who called himself ‘an honorary member’ came in and addressed the membership promising it would remain a social club. Closed down a week later and never re opened. Shit houses.
Burnt down didn't it?

Back