What is it about delivering things that's such a struggle in this country?

Received a second Ebac this week. Next day delivery and they gave me a 2 hour time slot. As a bonus it was the right way up.

Livin' the dream, me!

Deliveries are such a massive fuck on in this country.

Latest fun packed adventure is trying to get a dehumidifier delivered, the courier didn't think the massive warnings about which way up the unit should be kept were important so it's arrived with the box in a state and some unspecified chemical leaking out of it. Between the ordering site and the merchant no fucker knows how to return it until you speak to the tenth person and now a busted machine with a nasty leak is going to sit around for several days and require me to wait in again to have it picked up. The seller can't bring a replacement as part of the collection process (well done whichever dickhead organised that process) and I'm not ordering through that shit show again, so I've ordered it from another seller with the enticing prospect of what new ways they could fuck it up.

Delivery driver will have kicked fuck out of the object because he knew you would want to tell us all about it in your cheeky cockerney way on here. You're so easily taken in.

But seriously folks :- When i was fitting kitchens, about half of the deliveries would have something damaged. And some of it was probably damaged when wagon was loaded at the factory. Driver would just hope i didn't spot the damage until he was off site.Even when i was helping, the dozy twats would drag a 3m worktop along the truck bed and dump it down face edge down. Some would'nt get down off the wagon. They weren't all like that, but if they can pass the blame on, they will and walk away whistling. Some delivery drivers are a bit "special".

Got my free Beats headphones delivered on Wednesday, supposed to be here on Tuesday but I wasn’t in between 2.30-3.00pm. Got a text and a card with a new delivery time. Next day, Mark the DPD delivery driver, turned up bang on time, apologised for missing me the previous day (even though it was my fault), handed the package over in perfect condition.

Love delivery services in this country me like.:cool:
DPD are one of the best. Never had an issue with them.

Hermes are way ahead of most delivery companies imo. In a future where drones drop your parcels off in a landing pad in you’re garden etc. Hermes hoy it over the fence into my garden. They’re miles ahead of the game! Most of my stuff is half eaten by foxes mind

Back