What is it about delivering things that's such a struggle in this country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deliveries are such a massive fuck on in this country.

Latest fun packed adventure is trying to get a dehumidifier delivered, the courier didn't think the massive warnings about which way up the unit should be kept were important so it's arrived with the box in a state and some unspecified chemical leaking out of it. Between the ordering site and the merchant no fucker knows how to return it until you speak to the tenth person and now a busted machine with a nasty leak is going to sit around for several days and require me to wait in again to have it picked up. The seller can't bring a replacement as part of the collection process (well done whichever dickhead organised that process) and I'm not ordering through that shit show again, so I've ordered it from another seller with the enticing prospect of what new ways they could fuck it up.

Latest fun packed adventure is trying to get a dehumidifier delivered, the courier didn't think the massive warnings about which way up the unit should be kept were important so it's arrived with the box in a state and some unspecified chemical leaking out of it. Between the ordering site and the merchant no fucker knows how to return it until you speak to the tenth person and now a busted machine with a nasty leak is going to sit around for several days and require me to wait in again to have it picked up. The seller can't bring a replacement as part of the collection process (well done whichever dickhead organised that process) and I'm not ordering through that shit show again, so I've ordered it from another seller with the enticing prospect of what new ways they could fuck it up.

Aye...but if they got it right first time then you would not have been able to post this thread. 1,1,3 and breathe

Apart from that tho a pretty stress free delivery ?

What a carry on, should have just gone to argos.

Apart from that tho a pretty stress free delivery ?

Someone said on the politics board that people from a business background should be put in charge of the Brexit process. They fail to realise that every single massive cock up of service, systems and basic common sense that blights daily life was set up by someone moron from a business background who couldn't organise a big telly wank in a pervert's living room

Got my free Beats headphones delivered on Wednesday, supposed to be here on Tuesday but I wasn’t in between 2.30-3.00pm. Got a text and a card with a new delivery time. Next day, Mark the DPD delivery driver, turned up bang on time, apologised for missing me the previous day (even though it was my fault), handed the package over in perfect condition.

Love delivery services in this country me like.:cool:

I only went with EE because they said they post the router through the letterbox, unfortunetely they said my letter box was too small.

Got my free Beats headphones delivered on Wednesday, supposed to be here on Tuesday but I wasn’t in between 2.30-3.00pm. Got a text and a card with a new delivery time. Next day, Mark the DPD delivery driver, turned up bang on time, apologised for missing me the previous day (even though it was my fault), handed the package over in perfect condition.

Love delivery services in this country me like.:cool:
I had some coffee syrups delivered today by DPD and was texted this morning with a 1 hour slot and came in time.

Puts at 1-1 for this week.

Wife had summit delivered yesterday by royal mail. Postie had gone by the time I got down stairs, no card but parcel was stuffed into the smashed bit of the garage, so sort of a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back