What gives you joy?

This thread has given me things to think about.

I find my emotions quite confusing sometimes and generally just prefer to be on my own. I like going for long walks on my own, but I am not sure I am enjoying myself while doing it, but it's a good thing to do and I like to stay in shape so I do it. I enjoy going to the gym and working hard, the feeling you get after you know you have really done well is satisfying.

I do really enjoy listening to good podcasts with my headphones. That allows me to feel like I am in my own world away from everyone else. I guess a good podcast while out walking is a good moment. I also enjoy researching things so doing that while listening to something is lovely.

I love books and spent a lot of time reading. When a book is good it really lifts my spirits and gives me energy. My wife always says she knows when I have a book I am not into as I look low, don't sleep right and am generally out of character.

And I play guitar. Not to a brilliant standard, but to shut myself away with some music on and noodle away on my acoustic is nice.

I guess in conclusion it's to be on my own listening to something I like and maybe walking or researching while listening.

This thread has given me things to think about.

I find my emotions quite confusing sometimes and generally just prefer to be on my own. I like going for long walks on my own, but I am not sure I am enjoying myself while doing it, but it's a good thing to do and I like to stay in shape so I do it. I enjoy going to the gym and working hard, the feeling you get after you know you have really done well is satisfying.

I do really enjoy listening to good podcasts with my headphones. That allows me to feel like I am in my own world away from everyone else. I guess a good podcast while out walking is a good moment. I also enjoy researching things so doing that while listening to something is lovely.

I love books and spent a lot of time reading. When a book is good it really lifts my spirits and gives me energy. My wife always says she knows when I have a book I am not into as I look low, don't sleep right and am generally out of character.

And I play guitar. Not to a brilliant standard, but to shut myself away with some music on and noodle away on my acoustic is nice.

I guess in conclusion it's to be on my own listening to something I like and maybe walking or researching while listening.
The concept of joy is a confusing one. It's hard in a certain mindset to not link in with what you consider others to find joyful I think. Sadly it's a by product of modern living .

I find pleasure in a lot of the stuff you do. I'm a bit of a history nerd so listen to a load of podcasts which help me focus when I'm busy. Play guitar and piano as well, like you not to a brilliant standard but enough to belt out a Hey Jude.

I'm trying to think if I find something enjoyable then I'm not going to over analyse it . Enjoy it , lifes too short. For example tonight I'm drinking a rum out of me Grandas old rum tumbler listening to the bairn tell me about her running her Cross country race. Also enjoying reading what others enjoy doing . Got a lot from it actually - thanks to all x

Seeing bands you love live - they very rarely disappoint (unlike watching football atm). Visiting a new European city for the first time (it's been too long). Seeing the Grandsons and grand dogs. A couple of hours down the beach.

Back