What do you identify the city of Sunderland as been?

Yes, seriously. I suppose it made a change to the constant comparisons to Newcastle.

I also seen a lass on facebook a while back complaining that labour were still running Sunderland Council and if another party was running it we could get Harvey Nichols in the bridges.
Gerrin :lol: Would be a massive coup. WDSC.

We need about 100 chocolatiers to smarten the place up like.

When you look at towns like Seaham for instance if it wasn't for investment by the local government it would have become a ghost town. Now it has a vibrant sea front that attracts visitors.
So what has the council done in Seaham that Sunderland Council should do?

And I mean specifically, not just words like "investment".

Said it on other "Sunderland" threads....The city is playing catch up to the likes of Newcastle , Manchester and Glasgow.
Shame that Sunderland council didnt have the ambition of those cities as its really got the lot when you think of it, and should be able to attract tourists by the thousands.
Total lack of ambition see people rather compare Sunderland with the likes of South Shields and Peterlee

Said it on other "Sunderland" threads....The city is playing catch up to the likes of Newcastle , Manchester and Glasgow
It's not, it really isn't. Sunderland is never going to "catch up" with those cities. Sunderland needs to concentrate on becoming a decent medium size city as it's never going to compete with major regional cities.

Total lack of ambition see people rather compare Sunderland with the likes of South Shields and Peterlee
Mind, I think we can set our sights just a bit higher than matching Peterlee.

Last edited:
Said it on other "Sunderland" threads....The city is playing catch up to the likes of Newcastle , Manchester and Glasgow.
Shame that Sunderland council didnt have the ambition of those cities as its really got the lot when you think of it, and should be able to attract tourists by the thousands.
It was never level with those regional finance cities ever so it's not playing catch up
More than ever as companies shrink as far as physical buildings needed ,the next tier down suffer

Sunderland is in County Durham.
It isn’t

When you look at towns like Seaham for instance if it wasn't for investment by the local government it would have become a ghost town. Now it has a vibrant sea front that attracts visitors.
Seaham is a shithole mate

So what has the council done in Seaham that Sunderland Council should do?

And I mean specifically, not just words like "investment".
They’ve put lipstick on a pig. Sunderland invests more every year than Seaham has in the last two hundred years.

Last edited:
These threads always attract negative comments about Sunderland, probably by mags pretending to be sunderland fans.

What amazes me the most about this cohort is their football rivalry is not enough. They'd want a neighbouring place to fail, economically, culturally, just reading the comments page in the chronicle shows their very insular feelings about newcastle and hatred for Sunderland.
They celebrate at negative sunderland stories and bemoan positive ones. Is it any surprise there's always been regional bias from media, development agencies. local government etc. if consciously or subconsciously decisions are so newcastle centric.

We've never been close to the likes of those, try Hull or Doncaster and you're closer - all 3 are shitholes

We've never been close to the likes of those, try Hull or Doncaster and you're closer - all 3 are shitholes
You just said Newcastle , Manchester and Glasgow are shit holes.

nice one Lambchops I'm glad you don't live around me marra a proper wrongun you like and that's coming from me. What do you think of Sunderland?

Back