What do you identify the city of Sunderland as been?

You just said Newcastle , Manchester and Glasgow are shit holes.

nice one Lambchops I'm glad you don't live around me marra a proper wrongun you like and that's coming from me. What do you think of Sunderland?
I think he meant Hull, Doncaster and Sunderland are shit holes.

I disagree, Sunderland isn't a shit hole. I'm not sure about the comparison to Doncaster either but admittedly I've never been there.

I think he meant Hull, Doncaster and Sunderland are shit holes.

I disagree, Sunderland isn't a shit hole. I'm not sure about the comparison to Doncaster either but admittedly I've never been there.
Whatever I'm sure Lambchops is making friends where ever he goes.

It isn’t

It is. Sunderland is officially in County Durham, you are getting confused with it also being in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear. A metropolitan county isn't a true county it's just a name given to 5 metropolitan boroughs. Sunderland was also once in an area called Sunderland County Borough but that didn't mean there was a County Sunderland either.

These threads always attract negative comments about Sunderland, probably by mags pretending to be sunderland fans.

What amazes me the most about this cohort is their football rivalry is not enough. They'd want a neighbouring place to fail, economically, culturally, just reading the comments page in the chronicle shows their very insular feelings about newcastle and hatred for Sunderland.
They celebrate at negative sunderland stories and bemoan positive ones. Is it any surprise there's always been regional bias from media, development agencies. local government etc. if consciously or subconsciously decisions are so newcastle centric.

Great comment, I spent a lot of my childhood in Sunderland (auntie lived in Tunstall) despite being from Shields.

The place has loads going to it & love taking the kids to Roker & along Seaburn. Working all over the UK I've come to appreciate Sunderland (and Shields) a lot more (yes the city centre needs improvement) as do loads of cities up & down the country.

Regarding your comments about mags I find this with not only ones I know from Shields putting anything positive about Sunderland down.

Also my Mrs (no way!) family are all B&W I live in Ryton now & their bitterness towards Sunderland the place itself is very odd! Any negative news story they love to bring up / ignoring the good.

I've kind of taking it upon myself to sell the North East & Sunderland, educating people on the positives when working away.

What I would say as people from outside the area are generally positive (although they might just be being polite!)

This is why I think STID is such a positive thing for the city & the club.

Great comment, I spent a lot of my childhood in Sunderland (auntie lived in Tunstall) despite being from Shields.

The place has loads going to it & love taking the kids to Roker & along Seaburn. Working all over the UK I've come to appreciate Sunderland (and Shields) a lot more (yes the city centre needs improvement) as do loads of cities up & down the country.

Regarding your comments about mags I find this with not only ones I know from Shields putting anything positive about Sunderland down.

Also my Mrs (no way!) family are all B&W I live in Ryton now & their bitterness towards Sunderland the place itself is very odd! Any negative news story they love to bring up / ignoring the good.

I've kind of taking it upon myself to sell the North East & Sunderland, educating people on the positives when working away.

What I would say as people from outside the area are generally positive (although they might just be being polite!)

This is why I think STID is such a positive thing for the city & the club.

Well said Sir. I've always found the off-the-field rivalry odd when the antagonists aren't from Newcastle. As you say in places like Ryton, Sunderland should really be inconsequential to them, but because sunderland are the de facto enemy the hatred spreads beyond football. You don't get people from Sunderland getting wound up if someone is from Ryton....or wanting it to fail.

p.s I've always had a lot of time for shields, nice place, nice people, lots of Sunderland fans too.

It is. Sunderland is officially in County Durham, you are getting confused with it also being in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear. A metropolitan county isn't a true county it's just a name given to 5 metropolitan boroughs. Sunderland was also once in an area called Sunderland County Borough but that didn't mean there was a County Sunderland either.
It’s not in Durham thankfully. Stop sniffing glue

I'd move back to SR6 tomorrow,it's awesome.

We have a beach,lovely Georgian and Victorian houses,decent bars and restaurants and it's walkable. You can walk or get a bus to a train or metro and go to any number of places. Apart from Durham,with ease. But then that's why god invented taxis.

The town's not fantastic,but it's alright. Better than 5 years ago,not as good as 10 probably....Not many places where a venue like 7even is packed until 5 in the morning and you can hear that kind of music.

It's easy to think badly of Sunderland,but I think it's a great place to be from and a great place to live,but then again life is all about the people around you.

Back