what body do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steeeeed said:
My own advice would be to get as much as you possibly can from your current body before upgrading. You say you have it in your head that you want a new body, but why? Does the current body limit / hinder you in any way? Is it likely that a new body will improve your photography? You put more into the picture than the camera. This is in no way a comment on your own ability btw.

You may be able to answer these questions, if so, grand, fill your boots.

Personally, I've realised what my body can't do but I know it's very strong in other areas / meets my needs. I'd be looking at circa £800 to upgrade body, then God knows what on lenses that can do the body justice. So right now I'm sticking with what I've got.

I've also just realised that this in no way answers your question but I've typed it now so you're getting it :lol:

I know what you mean, just a few things which would be improved. Lower light level shooting, sharper images, weather sealed, video recording, larger screen, real time images through the screen etc. I can probably get my money back on my camera and get a 7D for 700, meaning for 500 quid improving the body would probably improve my shots more than a 500 quid lens.

I know what you mean, just a few things which would be improved. Lower light level shooting, sharper images, weather sealed, video recording, larger screen, real time images through the screen etc. I can probably get my money back on my camera and get a 7D for 700, meaning for 500 quid improving the body would probably improve my shots more than a 500 quid lens.

Another thing you will get Ross is taking photographs will be more important to you, your investment considered. You will want to be out all the time.. and will be gutted when an opportunity is missed.

I feel like I've improved in just the couple of months I've had my 7d (that may or may not be true though) and I intend to have it at least a year before I upgrade.

If you upgrade now get the best you can afford, so in a few months time you don't feel the urge to upgrade again. When new models come out it doesn't make the one you own into a crap camera, and if you go for either a 7D or a 5D II, it will be a great camera for years, if you look after it.

Canon 400D here - if I had spare cash it would go on lenses rather than a new body, although I guess the body will have a finite life and it is 5 year old now.

AB22 Easy Tiger said:
If I'm shooting digital I have an EOS 7D, if I want to shoot full frame I use my EOS 3.

Love the single digit eos film cameras. I've got a 5. Why why why why did canon not carry on developing the eye control focus :-(

ayesane said:
Another thing you will get Ross is taking photographs will be more important to you, your investment considered. You will want to be out all the time.. and will be gutted when an opportunity is missed.

I feel like I've improved in just the couple of months I've had my 7d (that may or may not be true though) and I intend to have it at least a year before I upgrade.

Heh. You say that now... :)

Canon 60D - upgraded from a 500D couple of month ago. Got a Canon 15-85 ef-s, sigma 10-20mm, Canon 55-250 efs lenses and a set of auto extension tubes.

Fancy full frame but reckon the cost of replacing all my kit is too prohibitive so will have to wait till retirement!

In the film days everyone was happy with their bodies, and quality largely came down to lenses

Bit of a shame everyone has to be swapping bodies too now

And how many are designed to last for 40 years like the film ones?

7D here from a reliable outlet for £995. USA warranty though.

http://www.flashcamera.co.uk/canon-eos-7d-slr-digital-camera/
cheers, looks like I maybe moving to a new place next month so may have to go on the back burner for a month or so.

the more i read about these two cameras, the more I'm seeing people state that the 7D is better for sports/fast action shots due to the frame rate. Surely the frame rate only matters when using it as a video recorder and not an actual camera?!

Confusing me as to why people keep saying its a faster camera than the 5D ii?

Although i do understand the notion that the 7D AF is meant to be better, as well as the idea of a crop sensor's 'reach'

In the film days everyone was happy with their bodies, and quality largely came down to lenses

Bit of a shame everyone has to be swapping bodies too now

And how many are designed to last for 40 years like the film ones?

None, hence my comment about the cost difference. Even if they still work after 10 years (which is unlikely) nobody wants to use old digital cameras. I reckon people spend far more now on photography than they ever did before, despite claims to the contrary.

Obviously upgrading bodies is more important in digital as sensor technology improves, but I still reckon investing in lenses is always going to make more sense in the long term as they will hold their value, especially within systems that have good futureproofing (eg Nikon). Good glass is good glass.

None, hence my comment about the cost difference. Even if they still work after 10 years (which is unlikely) nobody wants to use old digital cameras. I reckon people spend far more now on photography than they ever did before, despite claims to the contrary.

Obviously upgrading bodies is more important in digital as sensor technology improves, but I still reckon investing in lenses is always going to make more sense in the long term as they will hold their value, especially within systems that have good futureproofing (eg Nikon). Good glass is good glass.

Spend on film has been replaced with spend on gear, yes

For the casual user it's probably much more expensive

cheers, looks like I maybe moving to a new place next month so may have to go on the back burner for a month or so.

the more i read about these two cameras, the more I'm seeing people state that the 7D is better for sports/fast action shots due to the frame rate. Surely the frame rate only matters when using it as a video recorder and not an actual camera?!

Confusing me as to why people keep saying its a faster camera than the 5D ii?

Although i do understand the notion that the 7D AF is meant to be better, as well as the idea of a crop sensor's 'reach'

If you can shoot at 10fps, compared to say 3.9fps, you are more likely to get that quality shot of Sessegnon scoring his 3rd (and winning) goal against the mags in the 2012-2013 season.

If you can shoot at 10fps, compared to say 3.9fps, you are more likely to get that quality shot of Sessegnon scoring his 3rd (and winning) goal against the mags in the 2012-2013 season.

Great! Arsenal beat the mags next season :cool:

Spend on film has been replaced with spend on gear, yes

For the casual user it's probably much more expensive

Do you only use film? I was very pleased with the quality that my Yashica turned out for it being at least 26yr old. I keep looking at other film cameras now :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back