What an absolute mess.

I said to my dad at the time Mowbray was sacked that if people think we were going to see an upswing in form, they had another thing coming, as he was getting about as much as you could out of such a young group, with massive deficiencies in it.

Mowbray might not have been a master tactician, but he could clearly get the young lads going most of the time and was like the glue holding things together. Criminally undervalued by Speakman.
Mowbrays season had already collapsed. Less than 1 point a game average from his last 9 games - that's worse than Beale OR Dodds.

Mowbray threw away 20% of the season thanks to silly tactics and having no plan B. Then injuries hit us very badly, as pointed out ad nauseam, which you struggle to accept.
Again 3points off the play offs compared to now having picked up 5 pts from a possible 30. How about last season when we were decimated by injuries, aye but it's not the fault of Speakman and the owner for sacking Mowbray appointing Beale and then giving the job to Dodds for the third time and say we just have to plod along :lol: You are on every single thread trying to defend the indefensible and making yourself look very ,very silly.

If we carry on this season like we have been for the final 5 games, I’m not sure anyone with any ambition will consider it. We’ve taken 5 points from 10 games and counting.

Turning that around to promotion form, on the back of selling Clarke and who knows else, with limited funds, won’t appeal as being feasible to many. And of course we are so trigger happy firing managers no one will get time to build.

If we carry on this season like we have been for the final 5 games, I’m not sure anyone with any ambition will consider it. We’ve taken 5 points from 10 games and counting.

Turning that around to promotion form, on the back of selling Clarke and who knows else, with limited funds, won’t appeal as being feasible to many. And of course we are so trigger happy firing managers no one will get time to build.
Realistically though most managers follow a shitshow i guess.

Needs a Reidy like character to grab our once proud club by the scruff of the neck.

Needs a Reidy like character to grab our once proud club by the scruff of the neck.
Will never be allowed to happen unless a good character gets the ear of the chairman and says pay me x amount more, sack spunky and you save x amount as well. And both will say winner winner chicken dinner at exact same time,speakman says Jinx 1st and the new manager can’t run to the media!

I've mentioned character a number of times. Problem is anyone with the required character and backbone won't be working here imo.

Back