What a shambles

Baath wouldn’t have started over onien and balllard.

Hjelde was signed as LB cover.

Not sure there’s much more to debate
neither 09 nor ballard have been available the last 4 games

If he was signed as cover, why was he given a 4.5 year contract?? forward planning? then he wasn't signed as cover was he?

You're right, there isn't much debate. Our recruitment has been woeful, like everything else the club has done this season

Last edited:

We've signed someone on a 4.5year deal as cover at lb? what is going on!

Couldnt we have just played oli bainbridge and save ourselves a waste of a new signing
He's been signed for the first team not as cover.
Ballard, Cirkin and possibly Alese away in the summer.

Whoever comes in as Head Coach, really ought to be allowed to bring their own staff with them, and not have Dodds & Proctor foisted upon them.

At the very least they need to be able to bring an assistant. I can understand the reluctance to wholesale coaching staff changes every time we change head coach, bearing in mind that’s usually every 12-18 months.

Like Neil and Mowbray could? I’d expect the next person to be able to as well. Beale is the anomaly so far
Yes.
I just reckon working alongside someone you're used to working with, and who's ideas and judgement you trust, would be better than having to work with someone who's foisted upon you, purely because he's a mate, of a higher ranking member of staff.

Last edited:
Yes.
I just reckon working alongside someone you're used to working with, and who's ideas and judgement you trust, would be better than having to work with someone who's foisted upon you, purely because he's a mate, of a higher ranking member of staff.
I agree. You need somebody trusted to test ideas with, before going out to the rest of the group. I am hopeful that the next head coach will be able to have somebody to do this with in the team

I don't think they're taking the pee or laughing at us, I think KLD bought this club, hired the wrong people in all departments of the club and merrily f****d up.
And the silence is because they don't know which way to turn now.

neither 09 nor ballard have been available the last 4 games

If he was signed as cover, why was he given a 4.5 year contract?? forward planning? then he wasn't signed as cover was he?

You're right, there isn't much debate. Our recruitment has been woeful, like everything else the club has done this season
Ballard has played all of the last 3 games, Onien has played 2 of the last 4. No idea what your first line is about
Which bit is nonsense?
Of course it is, yet you are unable to challenge any part of it in your post
Nothing in the whole footballing world is relative to Hjelde.
Relative is a different word to relevant
Do you honestly believe we spent £2m for someone to ‘cover’ left back?
On the basis that he’s played every game since he signed at LB, until Seelts injury last game, suggests that to be the case yes
Both bits, Baath was starting games when both of those players were here last season, he was pushed out because of wages not because of ability. Hjelde was signed predominantly as a CB but can do a job at LB.
Mowbray spoke exactly on this and said he didn’t fit in at CB, hence the whole “progressive carries” patter around onien. Nothing to do with wages.

Last edited:
Mowbray spoke exactly on this and said he didn’t fit in at CB, hence the whole “progressive carries” patter around onien. Nothing to do with wages.
I’ve spoken about this before, right up until the last game of last season, Mowbray had nothing but praise for Baath. During the close season he changed his patter, suddenly he wasn’t good enough, he hadn’t played a game since he was praising him. If you think this was anything but pressure from Speakman to get Baath out of the club then I think you are being nieve.

Ballard has played all of the last 3 games, Onien has played 2 of the last 4. No idea what your first line is about

Of course it is, yet you are unable to challenge any part of it in your post

Relative is a different word to relevant

On the basis that he’s played every game since he signed at LB, until Seelts injury last game, suggests that to be the case yes

That is out of necessity. You actually believe we’ve spent £2m for a player to be ‘cover’? Honestly? We don’t even pay that for 1st teamers.

I’ve spoken about this before, right up until the last game of last season, Mowbray had nothing but praise for Baath. During the close season he changed his patter, suddenly he wasn’t good enough, he hadn’t played a game since he was praising him. If you think this was anything but pressure from Speakman to get Baath out of the club then I think you are being nieve.
Nieve is a girls name, naive is what you’re looking for.

But no I don’t agree, I think Mowbray looked at ways to change our system, and he did significantly change the back 4, with onien playing in that wide CB role and Hume playing DM/LW/RW for some reason. Still don’t understand it particularly, but that definitely changed the demands of the RCB position to a more offensive one
That is out of necessity. You actually believe we’ve spent £2m for a player to be ‘cover’? Honestly? We don’t even pay that for 1st teamers.
Do you honestly believe that Hjelde is our first choice CB once Ballard goes? Because if that’s true I’m not gonna bother renewing 🤣

Last edited:
Can’t see any of them here , including the owner .

Nieve is a girls name, naive is what you’re looking for.

But no I don’t agree, I think Mowbray looked at ways to change our system, and he did significantly change the back 4, with onien playing in that wide CB role and Hume playing DM/LW/RW for some reason. Still don’t understand it particularly, but that definitely changed the demands of the RCB position to a more offensive one

Do you honestly believe that Hjelde is our first choice CB once Ballard goes? Because if that’s true I’m not gonna bother renewing 🤣
Thanks for correcting my spelling mistake. You don’t agree with what I said about Baath but you don’t understand your reasoning either?

Back