What’s the fastest car you’ve ever driven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fastest I’ve driven was in me Dad’s Citroen BX Leader on the way back from the match. I clocked 120 on the A69. I had to park up in the village for 15 minutes as I got back so early.

He is. It's just shy of 250 miles from Cheltenham to Sunderland. No way could you sustain 150 mph for that distance in a Golf, for a start he'd have run out of fuel, burnt the tyres out and gone halfway to blowing the engine up, and that's ignoring the little details of police, cameras and even on New Years day other traffic.
An R32 could easily sit at 150mph for hours , the car could do it. The rest of the things I agree with.

Nothing stratospheric really but either any of my Golf GTI 16v or my cousin's Corrado G60 were both great fun. An ex brother-in-law had a Peugoet GTI 1.9 and a Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider which I gladly "looked after" when he was on various holidays ;). He also had a Vauxhall Senator 3.0 he used for business which was a great high speed cruiser though not exciting really.

The shit state of US roads, traffic and the fact they don't have dayglow stripes on their police cars had me shitting myself - it was like foot down, whoomp and it kept pushing me into the seat. Never felt acceleration like it.
I see. I always say the ideal car to have in Britain would have a top speed of only 100, but do 0-60 in about 2 seconds.

A Porsche Boxster that I almost spun out of control on the roundabout beside The Colonel Prior.
I once spun a Land Rover Defender outside the seaburn hotel. Somehow.

Clarkson recons he got from London to Doncaster to say goodbye to his dad in an hour or summat in a 928 doesn’t he?

That’s not really fast though is it? My diesel Astra can do that.
That story rings a bell actually....!
Wouldn’t surprise me, for a larger mainly American market aimed car it went like a scalded cat through Germany when I drove it

That story rings a bell actually....!
Wouldn’t surprise me, for a larger mainly American market aimed car it went like a scalded cat through Germany when I drove it
He tells the story in one of the specials. Said if he wasn’t testing a car that could sit at 160 all day he wouldn’t have got there in time.

The only thing you've ever come closely to spinning are your hair curlers man. :rolleyes:

Spin that light switch and have another early night you gonk :confused:

I once spun a Land Rover Defender outside the seaburn hotel. Somehow.

It wasn’t mine, my mate had it for a while. I’ve came off bikes that are powered by 10p pieces at Lightwater Valley before so in hindsight I shouldn’t have even got behind the wheel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back