What’s going on with the royals ?

I agree it’s ridiculous in the 21st century having a royal family.On the other hand you look at the other various systems around the world and you still end up with a privileged ruling class from the extremes of the authoritarian despotic Putin.The Ayatollahs and oil rich despots of the Middle East to the billionaire buffoons who run the USA.
There’ll always be somebody.
Aye but ideally somebody who isn't there because they had an ancestor who was rock hard 5 centuries ago and whose descendants have been interbreeding ever since.

The trouble is that we've had a head of state for 70 years who was very good at the job, despite the arcane way in which she was chosen for it, so the appetite for changing things is still pretty limited at present.

The problem with the Royals is they’re a set of dysfunctional inbred skip rats who are happy to milk the world’s most generous benefits package.

Time to get shot of the sponging hyper-entitled arrogant twats.

People all over the country will be seething at the family of career dole wallers down the street with their flat screen tellies, iPhones, free mobility car, and 3 holidays a year (no idea why these get pedalled out by the terminally vacuous) Yet will wank themselves silly over the sausage fingered ink pot hissy fit cheb end and his clan of fucked up chinless parasites.

It’s like Stockholm syndrome on a national scale.
Sorry to be pedantic, Motability cars aren't free. The claimant has to be eligible for the Higher Rate of mobility allowance,& can pay nearly £70 a week for their vehicle.

I do agree that it's incredible who some of the public turn their venom on.

I agree it’s ridiculous in the 21st century having a royal family.On the other hand you look at the other various systems around the world and you still end up with a privileged ruling class from the extremes of the authoritarian despotic Putin.The Ayatollahs and oil rich despots of the Middle East to the billionaire buffoons who run the USA.
There’ll always be somebody.
To be fair I'd rather have our royal family who have little to no power, than have any of those names you mention there. The governments we have that actually do run our country are angels by comparison.

The problem with the Royals is they’re a set of dysfunctional inbred skip rats who are happy to milk the world’s most generous benefits package.

Time to get shot of the sponging hyper-entitled arrogant twats.

People all over the country will be seething at the family of career dole wallers down the street with their flat screen tellies, iPhones, free mobility car, and 3 holidays a year (no idea why these get pedalled out by the terminally vacuous) Yet will wank themselves silly over the sausage fingered ink pot hissy fit cheb end and his clan of fucked up chinless parasites.

It’s like Stockholm syndrome on a national scale.
Watch yourself going through tunnels mate.

Aye but ideally somebody who isn't there because they had an ancestor who was rock hard 5 centuries ago and whose descendants have been interbreeding ever since.

The trouble is that we've had a head of state for 70 years who was very good at the job, despite the arcane way in which she was chosen for it, so the appetite for changing things is still pretty limited at present.
Of course we had a very good monarch in Queen Elizabeth and we take that for granted BUT, we very, very nearly had a Nazi King in the mid 1930`s. Also, imagine if something that had happened to Charles a few years ago, we`d have a King Andrew now. This hereditary lark is something of a lottery ( see also George III and his madness, Edward VII - fornicating his way around the brothels of Paris on his special "chair"). Doesn`t always end well for the country.

Sorry to be pedantic, Motability cars aren't free. The claimant has to be eligible for the Higher Rate of mobility allowance,& can pay nearly £70 a week for their vehicle.

I do agree that it's incredible who some of the public turn their venom on.
I know they’re not free, i was quoting the absolute bollocks I’ve seen on various platforms by clueless royal family loving Billy Britain fuckers (some of who I know personally and have shown their true colours since retiring) Also iPhones or at least some form of smart phone will be essential for just existing these days, applying for jobs, paying bills etc, flat screen tellies are peanuts now and how do they know they have 3 hols a year? Do they follow them to the airport or are they just visiting auntie Doris who lives out in the sticks?

My point was the sneering fuckers moaning at so called professional dole wallers, suck dry the biggest scrounging twats of them all.

Can you tell I’m not a fan of the Royal family? :lol: I didn’t get why I was dragged away from my Evel Knievel stunt bike and tin can alley in 1977 to stand for hours just to see some hand wafting bint drive past in a roller. It’s lunacy. A country of forelock tugging gaslit automatons. No the wonder the elite are taking the piss and are not even bothering trying to hide it.

Imagine still having kings and queens in 2024 man
It’s embarrassing!
I know I think it is a strange thing.

What's strange also I think is there are still so many about.Sweden, Denmark, Belgium. Spain....got rid of theirs then brought them back.

Still a few kicking about in Europe.

There are but they cost nowhere near what these twats cost us.
True and do seem a bit more down to earth.

Tho I always take issue with the Belgian royal family. Rich as Cresus(?) Because the family, when monarch, pillaged his way through the Congo. It's a vile story.

Of course we had a very good monarch in Queen Elizabeth and we take that for granted BUT, we very, very nearly had a Nazi King in the mid 1930`s. Also, imagine if something that had happened to Charles a few years ago, we`d have a King Andrew now. This hereditary lark is something of a lottery ( see also George III and his madness, Edward VII - fornicating his way around the brothels of Paris on his special "chair"). Doesn`t always end well for the country.
100% - I'm not saying that the qualities of the late Queen are a good argument in support of the monarchy. But it is the reason the British monarchy still has majority (or at least very vocal minority) support.

Agreed, but more so than that, they are exempt from a lot of laws that govern the rest of us .for me, that will never be acceptable

Do you feel equally as sorry for the millions of other people in the country who are going through similar or worse ? Or is it just this set of multi billionaires you have sympathy for ?

For the record, William couldn't give to fucks about you. You could lose your family, your job, your home, your health and all your money, be living in a card board box, with no legs and aids and William wouldn't give you the shit off his shoe
No legs and aids :lol:

I don't mind having a royal family tbh, but there needs to be changes to how it all works, mainly around money.

They hold little to no power in the modern world, and are just a part of the character of the country and its history, all of which I am ok with. We should absolutely not be funding them though, and they shouldn't be able to not pay tax.

Back