Wet 'n' Wild North Shields closed down again.

Kids aren’t bothered about shit like this anymore man, where we used get buses down to the town in groups with our towels and shorts in boot bags, meet up outside the bus station, splash about with pals for an hour and end up in Hotline/checkers , the yoof of today are more interested in social media, playing on games machines and trying to grow up too fast.

It’s no wonder this hasn’t survived.
My bairns love owt like that. I would have taken them if it wasn't absolutely rotten

Kids aren’t bothered about shit like this anymore man, where we used get buses down to the town in groups with our towels and shorts in boot bags, meet up outside the bus station, splash about with pals for an hour and end up in Hotline/checkers , the yoof of today are more interested in social media, playing on games machines and trying to grow up too fast.

or H&S regulations don't allow groups of young children into an indoor waterpark without an adult/supervisor?

Aye, but to be fair there were always loads of dodgy old men in long coats staring in through the glass of the Leisure Centre every time I walked past the pool.

Aye, but to be fair there were always loads of dodgy old men in long coats staring in through the glass of the Leisure Centre every time I walked past the pool.
Looking back now, I think I’d like to pretend the blokes weren’t playing with themselves as I paraded past in my speedo’s on route to the slide or diving pool!

...but unfortunately I, and many on here have probably been the object of some peado’s wank!

Innocent times. :)

Last edited:
Pity really as all of that area seems run down except the refurbed bowling alley. Royal Quays is a shadow of itself. However, the cafe at the top end is a lovely place and run by lovely people. The sports centre is mostly empty. Wet n Wild was a decent place for a day out for the kids. Shame really

Just made the announcement via their Facebook page that it's shut down as of this year and there will be a review for future use of the site.

Shame really, if they cleaned it up when it last reopened and advertised properly it would have been canny, got good memories of it but has went downhill, leaves few pools for the kids to have fun at now left in the NE.
I think it's meant to go downhill marra

Just made the announcement via their Facebook page that it's shut down as of this year and there will be a review for future use of the site.

Shame really, if they cleaned it up when it last reopened and advertised properly it would have been canny, got good memories of it but has went downhill, leaves few pools for the kids to have fun at now left in the NE.

If they didn't charge a fiver for soggy shite chips and a tenners entrance for the privilage it would probably be busier. Not helped by the fact its in Meadow Well where its quicker to score some smack than queue for a ride and the abortion that is Royal Quays. Great idea in principle however locating it in a council dump was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Just googled it, the age is 13, so you may be right to an extent!

Sure we were much younger than that when heading into town as bairns.
I used to go to High Street baths with mates on the bus when I was only 8 years old. Scary when you think about it. My 8 year old isn't allowed out of the street without an adult.
There's a great big swimming pool a mile or two to the east. It's free, and it's got a not stop wave machine. 🌊 🌊
It won't run out of water either like Wet 'n' Wild :lol:

Last edited:

Back