Wembley train query

Status
Not open for further replies.

2.35 on Saturday, probably on the house trebles in the Telegraph for an hour before if these “dry train” rumours are true .

The 8.28 outta Sunderland can't be that rammed surely.... got about the same time one out of N*******e in 2014 and was empty til the change at York I think it was....

Well if I tpe to York on the Saturday then pick up the train that starts at York at 12.03
Then thec19.35 back on Sunday to train that terminates to Leeds then tpe back to Newcastle
20 pound cheaper and should get reserved seats. Sticks an hour on my journey but will be worth it for seats

Sounds dreadful this and I'm amazed it's allowed to be honest. Me and my son are on the Megabus on the Saturday so no worries but it will be a disgrace if some fans dont make it down on the train ticket theyve purchased.

Sadly its the state of our train system. I've been on many a train back from London which has been massively oversold (usually Friday afternoon) and stood in the same space without being able to move at all for 4+ hours with delays.

Fortunately I'm working in Nottingham on the Friday so I'm just going to head down then. I'm in London till the Tuesday night working so hopefully trains are quieter by then

I’m selling a ticket from Newcastle to Kings X on the Saturday morning 11:30

OUT only if anyone is interested

Travelled by Grand Central on the 12:15 on the Sat in 2014, there was a Queuing System in place outside Sunderland Station, not all people got on the Trains, and those left behind were advised to travel to Newcastle to board Trains there!!
We got on alright and had Reserved Seats, there was also an “additional Coach” on the Train for those without Seat Reservations, was still Chocka mind.

Did they ask for people with reservations first mate? Or was it just a free for fall?

I'm thinking bout 12 maybe of quietened down a bit by then

Then 7pm back on Sunday maybe miss the rush if possible
We booked a split booking to save cost £186.50 for 3 of us, Saturday Durham/York York/KX then on way back Monday KX/York York/Durham all booked seats and would have been £389 going direct so a canny saving for the sake of getting off for 15 minutes either way!

What’s the craic here like, are you saying I could get on my train at Darlington and they won’t let me on because it’s too full?????

Think im reverting to plan B, sounds shite this.

Hiring a car and handing it back in harrow, train home.

By the time ive gone to sland n jostled for the train, then passed hpool on it ill be half way down.

I selected set times on the Grand Central which are on the confirmation email but when tickets arrived they were open return and no reservations.

Sounds like it was a nightmare for the final in 2014.

We’ve booked Durham to Leeds then Leeds to kings cross on the Saturday for £31 each then kings cross to Leeds and Leeds to Durham on the Monday for £20 each. Some of the group are coming back on the Sunday 19:35 from kings cross to Leeds then on to Durham for £45 each as opposed to £141 if booking kings cross to Durham. All with guaranteed seats.

I selected set times on the Grand Central which are on the confirmation email but when tickets arrived they were open return and no reservations.

Sounds like it was a nightmare for the final in 2014.

Ulimately, it will depend on how GC and the BTP handle the situation. The best thing to do is allow those with reservations on first and ensure there are extra carriages for those without reservations.

Sadly though, and from experience with other events, they may just allow a free for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back