Wembley league one play off final 2020

I get back from holiday night of the 23rd, already trying plan best way to get down. Leaving the mrs and kids at the airport while I run off for a train/another flight might not go down too well.

Last season I'd entered the Westminster Mile without giving any thought to the playoff final being on the same day. To complicate things further I'd entered the parkrun wave which was setting off at 1.00pm. Did the race, then hot footed it back to Green Park tube and made Wembley by 2.10. This year the two events are the same day again, but this time I've entered the adult waves which start at 9.30......

POMPEY... Again... It's written in the sky... Give traf sq a miss and turn up at wembley... Can't support your team a day before the match...
Of course you can. You just chose not to. Why would you? You’re only a couple of hours away.

No I mean you burn yourselves out .. Wembley is the final..
Aye, I heard a few reports of sore heeds spoiling the day for some. I couldn’t do it mind. I could go to the square but wouldn’t be on the ale. I get half pissed looking at a beer advert these days.

Fly out on holiday on the Monday morning from Gatwick so the hotel is booked for the Sunday night, just need to convince my wife that it would be a good idea to get to London early and book train tickets now, before she realises that it’s the play offs that day. Lol

Fly out on holiday on the Monday morning from Gatwick so the hotel is booked for the Sunday night, just need to convince my wife that it would be a good idea to get to London early and book train tickets now, before she realises that it’s the play offs that day. Lol
Gatwick heathrow express good... Easy to get to wembley..

Could all just sack off Trafalgar Square and support the team this time. Atmosphere was dire last time and were outsung on both occasions

There is 5 points between us and 2nd and 8 points between us and 1st. As decent as we are and as consistent as we now seem to be at picking up points, we have to rely, I think, on not only us making up that gap but not just Rotherham and Wycombe but also Peterborough, Coventry and Portsmouth dropping more points than we gain from the remaining games. I don't see how else the gaps can be made up mathematically going the way the teams above us are going unless we see them drop as many points as we gain.

Can't see anything else other than the play-offs at best. But like last season and the seasons before if there is one team who you can rely on to lose crucial games at the most important times it is Sunderland AFC. Remember last season? We had several games in hand I recall and failed to pick up many if any points from those games. We drew I think virtually every one. Yet if we had won them all we would have I think been ok for 2nd at least. Personally I think it is somewhere in the lower top 10 for us.

Last edited:

Back