Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be eating loads of eggs and chicken if I do it. Wouldn't massively up my red meat intake. I might try it next week before I go back to work properly. It's the beer what is my downfall like.

Ive been having Eggs most mornings so far and weve had just cold meats and pickles for dinners and being looking up different recipes for Tea ..... The girlfirend made some lush Keto brownies and ive been having berries and double cream for my sweet hit but yeah alcohol is a big no so thats just will power haha

Ive been having Eggs most mornings so far and weve had just cold meats and pickles for dinners and being looking up different recipes for Tea ..... The girlfirend made some lush Keto brownies and ive been having berries and double cream for my sweet hit but yeah alcohol is a big no so thats just will power haha

I'll just start drinking turps.

Cheers pal ive tried allsorts over the last year or so and i know im only a week in to this but actually feel good and enjoying the food so will keep you updated how i go and well done on the milestone too good work !!

Download Carb manager and MyFitnessPal, they'll help as well. If you're running/walking, download mapmyrun, then you can set up MyFitnessPal to sync with it, so it will take off the calories you've burnt off your daily total.

I've just started keto diet. Did post a thread asking if anyone had any recipes. Any chance I could get the brownie one please mate?

Fell into bad habits again the last few weeks so trying to use this weekend to get going again . Had got down to 11st 3 before falling back into the habit of drinking the weekend which lead to losing motivation to excercise .
Up to 11st 5 now which after the last few weeks nd the food /drink iv consumed along with lack of excercise I'm not too disappointed with .

Back on it tomorrow because I'm back to work. Haven't been on the scales in a while but I'm basically back to square one. I find it quite easy to eat healthy while I'm at work so hopefully I can get back on track.

How have you worked out your calorie budget? What do you mean that MFP won’t accept anything less than 1500 calories?

Your body burns calories just through breathing and sitting down and sleeping. You need to calculate your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and then from there you can work out how many calories you need to take in each day.

TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure

MyFitnessPal can be used to tell you how many calories to take in and then track any exercise you do but I’ve found that my phone isn’t sensitive enough when it comes to things like steps to measure it accurately.

To lose 1 lb in weight each week you need to be in a calorie deficit of about 500 calories per day. Meaning you need to take in 500 calories less per day than your body uses.

Food is more important in losing weight than exercise.

You should weigh yourself every day at the same time because your body will naturally vary in weight whether you like it or not and then take an average of the weight at the end of each week and compare it to the week before. Otherwise if you weigh yourself once a week you won’t actually know how much you’ve lost - you could have extra water weight on the day you weigh yourself for instance (500 ml of liquid is about 1 lb in weight).
Just used that and it gives me a BMI of 24.4 now which is a normal weight .
Used it from before I started losing weight and it gave 29.7 .
To get back into intermittent fasting I started a 48 hour fast at 11 in the morning saturday . Nearly there now but had a poor nights sleep waking up every few hours and having weird dreams :lol: .
I am hungry but despite the lack of sleep feel fresh and have plenty of energy . Was going to go for a walk but it started raining as soon as I opened the front door .

Any advice on what I should eat when I break the fast ?

Last edited:
Finally weighed myself this afternoon and I'm 11 stone, 11 pounds. On the 4th January I was 11 stone 13 pounds so although I've hardly lost anything I've not put anything on which given I've been virtually shielding I'm ok with that.

Hoping as things ease I'll get back on the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back