Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost half a stone in Jan. One bad weekend last weekend where I hit the beer and I've put it all back on, in one weekend! ffs!

As D.A. says, water retention. Impossible to put that amount back on as fat within one weekend mate. You'd need to be in about 15-20k kcal surplus for that to register as actual body weight

Water retention. Happens every week with me.

Same. That's why I take my weight on a Friday morning as my real weight.
just check your scales once a week then? friday morning before a weekend of boozing?

I weigh everyday but my Friday weight is what I use in My fitness pal to track my weight. I wish I could knock the booze on the head completely but I'd be miserable so cutting down is the best option.

Last edited:
I’ve got a set of Fitbit scales that link up to MyFitnessPal, get on them every morning- sometimes don’t even bother looking at it.

means I don’t really have a “weigh in” day, it takes the pressure off. So long as my graph trend is down I’m happy

Reactions: D.A
I’ve got a set of Fitbit scales that link up to MyFitnessPal, get on them every morning- sometimes don’t even bother looking at it.

means I don’t really have a “weigh in” day, it takes the pressure off. So long as my graph trend is down I’m happy

I have a cheaper version of these. Tracks everything in its own app though. Linking to my fitness pal would be canny.

Same. That's why I take my weight on a Friday morning as my real weight.

I weigh everyday but my Friday weight is what I use in My fitness pal to track my weight. I wish I could knock the booze on the head completely but I'd be miserable so cutting down is the best option.

Have you tested that going without drink makes you miserable?

I cut down and ended up stopping completely. Miss it sometimes, particularly if Simpsylass is having a glass of wine of an evening, or if I've had a tough day at work, but not enough to make me start again. Although I said when I 'quit' to never say never.

It's all about values though - if you don't value quitting highly enough then you'll never do it.
Yer that's my guess too. Still frustrating. Running tonight, hopefully sweat some of it out.

Based on what you post I'm guessing you're pretty lean? I've found the leaner I get the more things like having a big weekend (of food for me) impact me.

Last edited:

I cut down and ended up stopping completely. Miss it sometimes, particularly if Simpsylass is having a glass of wine of an evening, or if I've had a tough day at work, but not enough to make me start again. Although I said when I 'quit' to never say never.

It's all about values though - if you don't value quitting highly enough then you'll never do it.

Based on what you post I'm guessing you're pretty lean? I've found the leaner I get the more things like having a big weekend (of food for me) impact me.
Ner I’m not lean. 17.5 clem, 6’6” too mind, not a proper fatty

2.5 pound on this week (although just weighed today rather than a weekly average). Pleased with that as had a 4 night holiday at weekend and was the missus’ birthday last night so was out for a Chinese. Back on it today and hopefully get that 2.5 back off this week.

I enjoy boozing mate. I'm not getting pissed all the time. Just a few beers one or two nights a week. Empty calories though so a hindrance to losing weight.

I enjoy boozing mate. I'm not getting pissed all the time. Just a few beers one or two nights a week. Empty calories though so a hindrance to losing weight.

It was committing to only drinking on special occasions that saw me lose a lot of weight and keep most of it off.

When I drink it usually results in poor food choices and then a hungover day where I eat bad or a mender and the circle repeats.

I also now love being fresh on a Sunday morning, lovely feeling.

It was committing to only drinking on special occasions that saw me lose a lot of weight and keep most of it off.

When I drink it usually results in poor food choices and then a hungover day where I eat bad or a mender and the circle repeats.

Special occasions for me too. Only drank four or five times from this day last year to now. Don't miss it tbh.

I enjoy the booze. To be honest, after the T2 diagnosis I’ve had to knock lots of stuff on the head that I enjoyed. So Like fuck I’m completely stopping the beer :lol: It’s loaded with carbs and not great for me, and I’m not drinking anything like I used too.

I’m trying to switch over to spirits. Gin, whiskey and what not. It’s not a patch on a decent pint like

I'm getting better at not making bad food choices when I've had a drink and the day after. Its hard because I do crave shite the next day but I'm doing well at the minute and I am happy to lose weight slowly aslong as I'm losing it.
4 lbs off over the last 3 weeks. Slow and steady. My aim was to be comfortably under 12 stone by the last weekend of March (having a weekend away with our lass, the bairns and some mates) I'm 12st 2 now so hopefully I'll be a couple of lbs under.

Last edited:
I'm getting better at not making bad food choices when I've had a drink and the day after. Its hard because I do crave shite the next day but I'm doing well at the minute and I am happy to lose weight slowly aslong as I'm losing it.
4 lbs off over the last 3 weeks. Slow and steady. My aim was to be comfortably under 12 stone by the last weekend of March (having a weekend away with our lass, the bairns and some mates) I'm 12st 2 now so hopefully I'll be a couple of lbs under.

Decent willpower that mate, fair play.

Just a half pound off for me this week, I’ve been really struggling with a cold and felt rotten all week so I haven’t eaten as I usually would have, so to still have a lost a little is ok.

Keep at it now and get into the 13 stone bracket over the next couple of weeks is the aim.

I wasn't having a go mate, just saying that you'd said you wished you could give up but it would make you miserable - which I would suggest means either you don't really wish you could give up or the value you place on enjoying it outweighs the desire to give it up. My suggestion was to give giving up a try (if it's your wish) and see how you get on. Can always go back to it if giving up does make you miserable.
I wasn't having a go mate, just saying that you'd said you wished you could give up but it would make you miserable - which I would suggest means either you don't really wish you could give up or the value you place on enjoying it outweighs the desire to give it up. My suggestion was to give giving up a try (if it's your wish) and see how you get on. Can always go back to it if giving up does make you miserable.

Hope that makes sense!

Hope that makes sense!

I'm not ready yet. :lol:

I lost 5 stone when I was 19, and I did that whilst going to the pub with one of my mates every Friday night after work (we both worked at Asda through uni). It wasn’t just 2 beers and home either I would regularly roll in at 2am.

I’m currently a home brewer and have 2 or 3 bottles every Friday and every Saturday and factor it into my calories. My monthly night out I usually don’t bother factoring in the calories because it’s infrequent enough that it shouldn’t do any harm.

I didn’t gain weight until I decided to get fit again through drink, I did it through stress eating. I was still 2 and a half stone lighter than my original starting point as well.

I lost 5 stone when I was 19, and I did that whilst going to the pub with one of my mates every Friday night after work (we both worked at Asda through uni). It wasn’t just 2 beers and home either I would regularly roll in at 2am.

I’m currently a home brewer and have 2 or 3 bottles every Friday and every Saturday and factor it into my calories. My monthly night out I usually don’t bother factoring in the calories because it’s infrequent enough that it shouldn’t do any harm.

I didn’t gain weight until I decided to get fit again through drink, I did it through stress eating. I was still 2 and a half stone lighter than my original starting point as well.

I've lost 5lbs in 3 weeks while still enjoying a few beers on the weekend. I'm happy to average out at losing a lb a week. I've got 16lbs to go to get to my target so atleast if the weight stops coming off then I can stop the drink altogether for a couple of months to shift that last bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back