Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
almond milk is shite for protein but it's a fair bit lower cal than whole milk (the only milk I buy) I use almond milk in my protein shakes due to low calorie content but hating them with water. 110 cals for 500ml is worth it imo.

I misread the post, I thought it he was talking about protein not porridge. Serves me right for trying to do some work and not give the SMB my full attention

I don’t think I could go back to dairy milk now, much prefer the alternatives.

Reactions: PTR

I misread the post, I thought it he was talking about protein not porridge. Serves me right for trying to do some work and not give the SMB my full attention

I still like cows milk but I have very little in my diet. Very rarely have a bowl of cereal I guess, maybe a splash is scrambled eggs or yorkshire puddings. I use Alpro almond in protein shakes, low cal but makes it palatible. Oatly oat barista for my morning latte. Only marginally less cals than whole milk but I do like it and has a fibre content, albeit only a few grams.

I still like cows milk but I have very little in my diet. Very rarely have a bowl of cereal I guess, maybe a splash is scrambled eggs or yorkshire puddings. I use Alpro almond in protein shakes, low cal but makes it palatible. Oatly oat barista for my morning latte. Only marginally less cals than whole milk but I do like it and has a fibre content, albeit only a few grams.

I’m very much a creature of habit with food and generally have weetabix every morning, I alternate between almond and hazelnut milk for that.
I don’t drink tea or coffee at all so I have no worries there.

The porridge is 4:1 ratio milk to oats - so there's lots in there. Could replace half with water and see how I get on I guess. Be a shame to make a large batch that I hate though :(

Same with Huel, that's a pint with each one. I could try the same there - I can even make a half batch for tasters. So that's not so bad.

Don't bother replying to me again. You obviously haven't read the rest. Look, don't bother arguing back and forth, just ignore me - job done.

I wasn't arguing with you fella. You posted about a tool that many of us use and asked how to use it as seamlessly as we do. You then decided that we were telling you to be "Mr f***ing Perfect" because you evidently didn't like what we were saying.

Judging by the rest of your posts you're looking to make excuses as to why it can't work for you rather than look for little ways it can work for you.

It's not going to be easy unless you familiarise yourself with it and make the effort to log things. Once they're on there it's as simple as pressing a button.

Don't worry though mate, I'll ignore your posts from hereon out.

Sorry like, but you're being a complete fanny about this. You have on your phone an incredibly easy to use and powerful tool to log your food intake. It couldn't be more simple to use but yes, it requires a small amount of effort on your part to weigh portions and calulate bulk batchs of food.

You eat things that don't have barcodes? Your oats for example. Google "rolled oats" it'll bring up a bunch of brands, pick one and input that into MFP. Sainsburys taste the difference rolled oats. Done. Veg? Search on MFP for the veg and use one with the green tick. Done. Chicken? Search on MFP for chicken breast raw. Done.

You say you have no time but if you're posting on here then you have time to track your food and use the app. Stop reading up about your gut microbiome and track your cals. You can't see the wood for the trees. IIRC you're over 20 stone? When you're that size you arguably don't have to be obsessing over if you had 75g of brocolli or 80g. It's a guide. Your portions must have been grossly overindulgent in the past. MFP is the perfect app for gaining back some control.

Stop twisting and looking for reasons it won't work and make it work. Tell your wife you want to lose weight and you'll need her help as your partner to weigh things as cooks, it takes 2 seconds longer putting it on a scale before it goes into the pot. Or if she's following a recipe, ask to see the recipe.

Losing weight takes effort, it takes time and it takes dedication. On the plus side, it's never been easier to make informed choices.
There's absolutely no need to even be weighing stuff in truth if you use a modicum of common sense. Especially if you are a fair bit over weight.

There's absolutely no need to even be weighing stuff in truth if you use a modicum of common sense. Especially if you are a fair bit over weight.
there's a sliding scale imo. Calorie dense stuff like oils it's important to weigh, steamed veg, not so much, by eye will be fine.

Reactions: PTR
there's a sliding scale imo. Calorie dense stuff like oils it's important to weigh, steamed veg, not so much, by eye will be fine.
Fair enough. I must live in a different world if people are using that much oil and whatnot that they need to be measuring it out. Not saying you are wrong mind.

Yeah, apologies. Just the original post annoyed me a bit. :lol:
Hehe, no probs. Tbh, I do sometimes post in that style to get replies. Sometimes you need to push a bit to hear the truth
Oak milk. Never tried that one, I'll give it a try. Thanks mate.

Don't worry mate, work and the smb are a constant flux of attention for me. I do try ever so hard to never let one get to 100%!
almond milk is shite for protein but it's a fair bit lower cal than whole milk (the only milk I buy) I use almond milk in my protein shakes due to low calorie content but hating them with water. 110 cals for 500ml is worth it imo.
You've got me thinking. For taste in porridge, huel etc is the cream/fats that I want really isn't it? So half full fat with half water is going to add more flavour than all semi, but would have half the sugar. Its that about right?
lots of tiny small changes make that difference mate. keep at it, it will get easier
Thanks mate, you and a few others have indulged me very kindly today. Really appreciate it.

As it happens, I've been making changes for about a year now in what I eat day to day. Much less processed foods, mostly, better quality foods etc.
Now that I've done that, I want to get a handle on where I am and what I need to do next. Hence today's posts. Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Hehe, no probs. Tbh, I do sometimes post in that style to get replies. Sometimes you need to push a bit to hear the truth

Oak milk. Never tried that one, I'll give it a try. Thanks mate.

Don't worry mate, work and the smb are a constant flux of attention for me. I do try ever so hard to never let one get to 100%!

You've got me thinking. For taste in porridge, huel etc is the cream/fats that I want really isn't it? So half full fat with half water is going to add more flavour than all semi, but would have half the sugar. Its that about right?

Thanks mate, you and a few others have indulged me very kindly today. Really appreciate it.

As it happens, I've been making changes for about a year now in what I eat day to day. Much less processed foods, mostly, better quality foods etc.
Now that I've done that, I want to get a handle on where I am and what I need to do next. Hence today's posts. Again, thanks.
Don't concern yourself too much about the amount of sugar in milk, don't get caught up in the weeds and overthink it. Hit your calorie taget with plenty of protein, fibre and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back