Weekend Results

Watched a bit of Whitburm 2s this afternoon. They were 8 down chasing 118 when I left. Lugsdon a right handful

Played there as a kid but not been back for a while. You don’t realise how lucky you are as a bairn to be playing somewhere like that

Some low scores in the Durham league. Some very poor teams looking at the league so far.

Looking at the scores myself I tend to agree - seems like in Brandon’s Division there are three sides who will battle it out for promotion (Brandon, Dawdon & Hylton) and the rest basically making up the numbers. Early days I know, but I expected Ryhope to have done much better.

I suppose that will change next year won't it? Or at least part of the season?

They reckon it'll be half a season of one day style games (most runs wins) and half a season of the current format (or at least v.similar). Not sure what I think on it, seems to work elsewhere in the country and I'm sure Australian Grade cricket is similar. Either way it'll split opinion with those opposed to change bemoaning the decision of the NEPL (@wicketkeeper ) and those who embrace change looking forward to the new challenges.

They reckon it'll be half a season of one day style games (most runs wins) and half a season of the current format (or at least v.similar). Not sure what I think on it, seems to work elsewhere in the country and I'm sure Australian Grade cricket is similar. Either way it'll split opinion with those opposed to change bemoaning the decision of the NEPL (@wicketkeeper ) and those who embrace change looking forward to the new challenges.
Sounds good to me. I always feel it is a shame when you give up quite a lot of time to play on a weekend and not have a pure outcome. I do like the bonus points system mind for wickets and runs.

Back