Weekend Results

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by brandon, May 18, 2019.

1. brandon

brandon Striker

DCL 1st XI Division 2

Brandon 211-2dec (24 overs)
    Langley Park & Bearpark 35 all out.

2. harmy

harmy Midfield

Some low scores in the Durham league. Some very poor teams looking at the league so far.

3. Greavsie

Greavsie Winger

Watched a bit of Whitburm 2s this afternoon. They were 8 down chasing 118 when I left. Lugsdon a right handful

Played there as a kid but not been back for a while. You don’t realise how lucky you are as a bairn to be playing somewhere like that

4. hudson88

hudson88 Striker

Hetton Lyons declared 280/3

Bowled Newcastle out for 127

5. brandon

brandon Striker

Looking at the scores myself I tend to agree - seems like in Brandon’s Division there are three sides who will battle it out for promotion (Brandon, Dawdon & Hylton) and the rest basically making up the numbers. Early days I know, but I expected Ryhope to have done much better.

6. The Voice Of Reason

The Voice Of Reason Striker Staff Member Contributor

First team

LCC 206

Marsden 209

Lost by 3 bastard runs

LCC seconds won again

7. robkitchuk

robkitchuk Full Back

Nedcl
    Ercc 2 201 for 4
    Murton 2 130 ao

jackpunch likes this.
  8. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Winger

We were 202 declared and bowled them out for 60 odd.

Scot Cahill 80
    Me 66(!)

Bowling kamal 7-30

Good win.

9. The Voice Of Reason

The Voice Of Reason Striker Staff Member Contributor

You need a Wembley ticket inbox me

10. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Winger

I wish I could mate but finances are a no no. If it was a week later it would have been a no brainer

Cheers for the offer though

The Voice Of Reason likes this.
  11. JonnyJarman

JonnyJarman Midfield

Drew with Shields. Shite boring negative cricket from them but they got 3 points or summit so fair play.

12. sunlansthebest

sunlansthebest Goalkeeper

Don't be bitter, be better

13. BatEleven

BatEleven Full Back

Just checked the scores. Sunderland a lot more negative batting onto 254 - a totally unrealistic target for a team of Shields' current capabilities. Also if you can't bowl a weak side like that out in 57 overs you don't deserve to win a game of cricket.

SAFC2403, harmy and NorthCountryBoy like this.
  14. JonnyJarman

JonnyJarman Midfield

I suppose that will change next year won't it? Or at least part of the season?

15. BatEleven

BatEleven Full Back

They reckon it'll be half a season of one day style games (most runs wins) and half a season of the current format (or at least v.similar). Not sure what I think on it, seems to work elsewhere in the country and I'm sure Australian Grade cricket is similar. Either way it'll split opinion with those opposed to change bemoaning the decision of the NEPL (@wicketkeeper ) and those who embrace change looking forward to the new challenges.

16. JonnyJarman

JonnyJarman Midfield

Sounds good to me. I always feel it is a shame when you give up quite a lot of time to play on a weekend and not have a pure outcome. I do like the bonus points system mind for wickets and runs.