Weekend on the drink in Berlin

Alexanderplatz is very poor for bars unless there's something on there. Head to Hackescher Markt, Friedrichshain (Park Boxhanger Platz area) & Oranienburger Strasse. There's also a few bars from Friedrichstrasse Bahnhof along to Oranienburger Strasse.

If you're going in January take some thermals as it will be f***ing freezing.
What’s the nightlife like then, do most people just stay in the one place, is it more about clubbing?

What’s the nightlife like then, do most people just stay in the one place, is it more about clubbing?

I'm too old for clubbing mate so can't really help you there. Most bars are open until the early hours so it just depends on what you fancy. There's a 24 hour bar at Hackescher Markt should you get caught short for a late (early) beer.

I'm too old for clubbing mate so can't really help you there. Most bars are open until the early hours so it just depends on what you fancy. There's a 24 hour bar at Hackescher Markt should you get caught short for a late (early) beer.

I found myself in that one numerous times.. it was a meeting point if we all got split up.. I reckon there was at least one of us in that place at some point all weekend

Back