We'd be a pretty awful team without Jack Clarke

You just hope it’s a similar situation to Coventry where they loose there talisman and aren’t scared to go and spend some good money on 3/4 players that improves the full team to ease the burden. I fear we won’t break the mould though!

We've already brought in Clarkes replacement in the window, alongside Neil's and Ballard's replacements too.

You'll not get this lot spending big when our best players go. It'll be a case of just starting again.

True, maturing nicely.
I am sure the other younguns like Ba, Ekwah, Rusyn, etc... will benefit from game time in a few years as well.

Things normally only happen when he's involved. Roberts gets us up the pitch but that's it there's never an end product from him.

Last season we had diallo and Clarke and they were the difference. This season it's just Clark. Next season I fear without jack we will struggle as I have no faith in kld investing much of the money we receive on new players
If we didn't have him we'd probably play someone in his place, doubt we'd put out a ten man team tbh.

To be fair he is a £15-20million rated player ....there aren't too many of those in the Championship, so he is obviously going to stand out.

To be fair, the team has been essentially built around him so aye, if you take him out we might struggle. :lol:
But you'd say that for any team to be honest.

Football is constantly moving, Clarke might not be here come August but other players will be and just maybe one or two of them will outshine Clarke, or maybe even one or two of the lads already here.

Why is there so much doom and fkn gloom on this site :(

Because none of them look like doing that?We're still waiting for impact from many of those signed last summer.

In fact it's questionable how much progress the lads signed the January before that or even one or two summer 2022 have made - obviously the better players like Clarke and Ballard took little time to adapt, we're finally seeing things from Ba but it's inconsistent and Ekwah's form is allover.

The idea we can somehow bridge sales of the level of Clarke by buying bargain basement is yet unfounded and that would leave us in extremely tricky waters.

If Clarke and Ballard go in the summer and Speakman, as I expect him to, replaces them with more untested kids then we're in for a relegation battle next season

We've already brought in Clarkes replacement in the window, alongside Neil's and Ballard's replacements too.

You'll not get this lot spending big when our best players go. It'll be a case of just starting again.
The left wing/forward role could possibly be occupied by several players. There was a few comments during the summer about Ba being used there, likely to negate a lack of end product in terms of crossing when on the right.

Then we've just signed Mundle

Aouchiche apparently has also played left side frequently, but one of the likely options is also Rusyn who plays off the left as a wide forward and Beale even mentioned its where he prefers to play during the week.

How effective any of them are is yet to be seen though.

He's a level above anyone else we have even if we invest the money I doubt we're going to get anyone as good or better.
We’ll do what we did with the Stewart money and bring in 4 young uns with it.

If you sell your house for say £250k and buy 4 for 60-odd grand each then you may make a bit of money on a couple but highly likely not to be happy living in one

The left wing/forward role could possibly be occupied by several players. There was a few comments during the summer about Ba being used there, likely to negate a lack of end product in terms of crossing when on the right.

Then we've just signed Mundle

Aouchiche apparently has also played left side frequently, but one of the likely options is also Rusyn who plays off the left as a wide forward and Beale even mentioned its where he prefers to play during the week.

How effective any of them are is yet to be seen though.

I think Mundle will have been signed as Clarkes replacement. Not that we'll be ale to replace the lad anyway.

Back to the drawing board in the summer when our only main goals/assists threat is gone.

I think Mundle will have been signed as Clarkes replacement. Not that we'll be ale to replace the lad anyway.

Back to the drawing board in the summer when our only main goals/assists threat is gone.
Think The Truth poster a few up has hit the nail on the head

Things normally only happen when he's involved. Roberts gets us up the pitch but that's it there's never an end product from him.

Last season we had diallo and Clarke and they were the difference. This season it's just Clark. Next season I fear without jack we will struggle as I have no faith in kld investing much of the money we receive on new players
He loses the ball more than he should, but he loses the ball trying to invent, trying to dribble. He gets us into good positions, and he can retain the ball for long periods by scampering away from defenders.

He's very useful to have in the side, and fullbacks are frightened of him. He's quick, skillful, and a superb dribbler with wonderful control. He creates chances, even if he's not the one who gets the assists. His finishing - for a player of his technical skill - is sh1te mind.

Back