Weather Watch

Can see it starting to pick up now.
Was planning on an evening walk down the beach with the hound but will just take him out round the fields now instead.

Should get the last of the leaves off the tree too.

Here's your areas for the Met Office weather warning, available here.

Logon or register to see this image

In Sunderland, winds will peak around midnight tonight with mean speeds of around 40mph and gusts up to 75-80mph. Temperatures will drop below freezing. Expect some rain or hail in low lying areas, snow in the uplands.

Winds will remain strong throughout Saturday, beginning to ease as the day progresses.

During the period of the red warning (15:00 today to 02:00 tomorrow), expect:
  • Flying debris resulting in danger to life
  • Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
  • Roads, bridges and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
  • Power cuts affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
  • Large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and homes
Unless @Big Jeff posts similar I'll be defying those instructions and going for a safe late night stroll along the seafront when I leave the Harbour View

Can see it starting to pick up now.
Was planning on an evening walk down the beach with the hound but will just take him out round the fields now instead.

Should get the last of the leaves off the tree too.
And branches
Unless @Big Jeff posts similar I'll be defying those instructions and going for a safe late night stroll along the seafront when I leave the Harbour View
You might end up in Germany

Picked up in Ryhope just now.

Bit of rain and strong wind. I live on a bank so the strong wind is something I’m used to. Intriguing to see if it’ll pick up the garden furniture

Trains are in chaos, A1 closed north of Berwick so not even a replacement, was meant to be in Edinburgh tomorrow with the bairn for his Birthday.

Back