Weather Watch

Jasper

Striker
Storm Arwen is on it's way. The Met Office has upgraded its weather warning to a RED for the north-east coast. Wind gusts of about 90mph are expected so stay away from the coast and stay indoors where you can. Batten down the hatches!

It’s anarchy here.

I will do the official weather later. Full sun at the minute but cold

Come back later for the full accurate assessment.

Tag me as I seem to have missed the latest ones.
Looking forward to a change in weather, been dull lately

Roofers be busy next week.

Anyone else going out tonight to battle an 80mph wind for a laugh? Obviously in an open space like.

Last edited:
Here's your areas for the Met Office weather warning, available here.

Logon or register to see this image

In Sunderland, winds will peak around midnight tonight with mean speeds of around 40mph and gusts up to 75-80mph. Temperatures will drop below freezing. Expect some rain or hail in low lying areas, snow in the uplands.

Winds will remain strong throughout Saturday, beginning to ease as the day progresses.

During the period of the red warning (15:00 today to 02:00 tomorrow), expect:
  • Flying debris resulting in danger to life
  • Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
  • Roads, bridges and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
  • Power cuts affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
  • Large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and homes

Last edited:
Here's your areas for the Met Office weather warning, available here.

Logon or register to see this image

In Sunderland, winds will peak around midnight tonight with mean speeds of around 40mph and gusts up to 75-80mph. Temperatures will drop below freezing. Expect some rain or hail in low lying areas, snow in the uplands.
All just guesswork poppycock that ill wait for Jeffers

Back