Weather for Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was double cold.

Did see some knacker with skinny jeans and nee socks in the concourse, hope he catches conovirus.

Well I've been putting cars on my lorry all afternoon!
Apart from when the sleet was coming in horizontally!
Had my break then!

Hope the fella who had 2 fits and was taken away from the west stand lower is ok. About the time of the first goal. Wasn't pleasant.

How is it in Birmingham tonight? Portsmouth are probably the last team I'd want to be playing in these conditions.

Wind wasn't too bad last night. Cagey game - was only really bothered about Pompey's aerial threat. They dd nothing first half (except moan at the ref) but got stronger in the second half (especially when they took off Marquis and replaced him with Harrison). Their defence fell asleep from a throw in and we scored a clever winner as a result. Pompey were big, physical, cynical with fouls, and well organised, but expected a bit more from them. Good win for you again - did the wind affect the game much at the SOL last night ?(I've only seen snippets about crisp packets!!)

Wind wasn't too bad last night. Cagey game - was only really bothered about Pompey's aerial threat. They dd nothing first half (except moan at the ref) but got stronger in the second half (especially when they took off Marquis and replaced him with Harrison). Their defence fell asleep from a throw in and we scored a clever winner as a result. Pompey were big, physical, cynical with fouls, and well organised, but expected a bit more from them. Good win for you again - did the wind affect the game much at the SOL last night ?(I've only seen snippets about crisp packets!!)
I saw after my post that conditions weren’t so bad elsewhere, I’d wrongly assumed the whole country was still just as blustery. It was swirling around a bit here but didn’t have an adverse effect on the game really. The stadium’s closed in so contained it fairly well considering the conditions outside.

Pompey only picked up against us when they swapped Marquis for Harrison too, makes you wonder why he’s not starting with that.

Last edited:
I saw after my post that conditions weren’t so bad elsewhere, I’d wrongly assumed the whole country was still just as blustery. It was swirling around a bit here but didn’t have an adverse effect on the game really. The stadium’s closed in so contained it fairly well considering the conditions outside.

Pompey only picked up against us when they swapped Marquis for Harrison too, makes you wonder why he’s not starting with that.

Did wonder if your stadium would ameliorate (big word of the day) the effect of the wind, but not looking forward to the visit to Southend's boneshaker of a ground (at least they've got one!) with Storm Dennis on the way. Pompey's game likely to be similarly affected.

Did wonder if your stadium would ameliorate (big word of the day) the effect of the wind, but not looking forward to the visit to Southend's boneshaker of a ground (at least they've got one!) with Storm Dennis on the way. Pompey's game likely to be similarly affected.
As I think I said earlier I think Portsmouth are probably more adept or at least better equipped to deal with those conditions than yourselves. Mind, on paper you’re playing weaker opposition so may be ok.

Incidentally there’s 50mph winds forecast for our game at a three sided ground on Saturday. Will probably kill it as a spectacle.

Last edited:
As I think I said earlier I think Portsmouth are probably more adept or at least better equipped to deal with those conditions than yourselves. Mind, on paper you’re playing weaker opposition so may be ok.

Incidentally there’s 50mph winds forecast for our game at a three sided ground on Saturday. Will probably kill it as a spectacle.

Possibility of a few games called off I reckon (especially at the rickety grounds - Fleetwood can be windy in August). Hope Oxford have a decent supply of footballs, or employ a lot of ball boys in the car park. Oxford's drop in form has really surprised me - still wouldn't write them off for the play offs. At least you Northerner's know how do deal with the cold, not like us Southern softies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back